Bizarre Situation I May Go To Jail Over

FRAT

My oldest son is 8, and my wife's from a previous relationship. When he was 3 my wife began to doubt he was her ex's. she had a one night stand with a guy and turns out he was the father. The guy wanted nothing to do with the son so I adopted him, and wife's ex, who is a super-douche (and I'd had many confrontations with before) tried to sue and all kinds of stuff over it. He was upset for good reason, but eventually gave up and dropped out of our lives. Eight year old doesnt remember him. Good, see ya.

Fast forward five years. About two months ago someone keyed "whore" into the side of my wife's van when it was parked it the street. Then someone threw a nice decorative bench from our front yard into our neighbors'. Then someone threw mud all over our cars while they were in the driveway one night. All these instances were on Saturday nights and we attributed them to teenagers getting out of school.

Then, today, about two hours ago, our eight year old was playing out front and someone in a blue car pulled up and said "you know you're adopted, right?" and then sped off. Our son comes in all confused as to why some guy told him that--he knows I adopted him because his dad lives far away and didn't really know his mom very well. That's the extent of the story that he knows. We have not told him that he DID have another dad for awhile who wanted nothing to do with him and was a super-douche about everything involving the situation.

I drive by the dude's house and he does drive a blue car now. I showed our son a picture and he said that WAS the car but that the one he saw was a convertible. I showed him a picture of the guy and he said that wasn't him. I don't know who the hell else would have said that to him as no one but our immediate family really knows about it.

I am at my breaking point and don't know what to do here. We reported all the previous incidents to the cops but I'm hesitant to report this one. What will they do? Go ask him and he says he doesn't know what they're talking about? Then if I beat the fuck out of him at some future date there's a documented motive behind it? I just don't know but I've had enough.

Short version--wife cheated on ex and had a kid with another guy and didnt come clean for three years. Now five years later the guy may be fucking with us and I don't know how to effectively handle it without committing a crime.

whatever is is man I wish you luck...

and maybe I'm just a bit confused, and I don't meant I offend if I do...but you current wife had a one night stand? while you were together? Phone Post 3.0

nevermind. read short version. Phone Post 3.0

Are you the guy whose wife was conversing with some ex and encouraged you to do the same? I think she cited some bullshit about closure being the reason?

Wow Phone Post 3.0

Arglebargle - Short version--wife cheated on ex and had a kid with another guy and didnt come clean for three years. Now five years later the guy may be fucking with us and I don't know how to effectively handle it without committing a crime.
security cameras? if it keeps happening Saturday nights maybe hide out on a Saturday night you've got nothing on with a camera and got some evidence Phone Post 3.0

theoutsiders - whatever is is man I wish you luck...

and maybe I'm just a bit confused, and I don't meant I offend if I do...but you current wife had a one night stand? while you were together? Phone Post 3.0

No, wife cheated on ex. I came along a year later. She's very not proud of it, but what's done is done. I cheated on many exes, just never knocked anyone up.

or just beat them while they are trespassing. Phone Post 3.0

Camera. Camera. Camera. Phone Post 3.0

That's crazy! Phone Post 3.0

Dont get yourself in trouble, fren, that is not gonna do anyone any favors.

First thing to do imo is camera up your entire property. Phone Post 3.0

theoutsiders - 
Arglebargle - Short version--wife cheated on ex and had a kid with another guy and didnt come clean for three years. Now five years later the guy may be fucking with us and I don't know how to effectively handle it without committing a crime.
security cameras? if it keeps happening Saturday nights maybe hide out on a Saturday night you've got nothing on with a camera and got some evidence Phone Post 3.0

I'd have to spend many many Saturdays in the bushes. There have been three incidents months apart. And my neighbors have gotten fucked with too which is why we thought it was teenagers.

man none of what I wrote up there made sense. sorry my screen is cracked.

id maybe set up some cameras or just hide out on a Saturday night with your phones cam ready to record. gather some evidence and fuck him, or if he steps on your property, beat the shit out of him (that's legal no? haha) Phone Post 3.0

I think I'd keep the kids inside and the shotgun loaded. Sorry you have to deal with all that. Phone Post 3.0

ah understood. fuck man. I don't know. good luck. Phone Post 3.0

So five years goes by without any issue, and suddenly the guy is motivated for no reason to call your wife a whore while vandalizing her property?

C'mon man...

Serious response here- truly not trying to be a dick...

Why is your 8 year old playing outside by himself unsupervised allowing something like this to occur?

If you were outside with him, it would not be as likely to happen.

That's your end of stuff. Now on the preventative side, have you documented all of the occurrences? If you have, you most likely have enough for a restraining order. Get one. Next time something happens, call the police. You need to set the example for the kids in this situation. They've quite obviously had enough turmoil already. Man up, out your desire to busy heads aside, and do the right thing. The kids need you with them, not on the other side of shatterproof glass wearing a jumpsuit. Phone Post 3.0

Install a security camera. Seriously. That's your next step. Do that and check back in. Phone Post 3.0