Bizarre youtube rabbit holes

I recently wanted to look into the basics of whats out there as far as safes go.

Knowing that Im an extremist, I tried to not get sucked in. But it was inevitable.

40+ vids later Im excited/angry at the pieces of shit on the market.

My mind was blown when I realized that 90% of commercial safes can be defeated by 2 guys with a crow bar.

Does anyone here have  TOP END safe?

channel called diwn the rabbit hole is great

just posted about it in a thread about mother horse eyes

With safes you have to look at your circumstances, your needs, your neighborhood, and various risks.

No safe is going to prevent a determined and skilled burglar from getting into it. But they have to have time, opportunity and they have to know that there is a target worth their time.

If you're storing firearms then a simple locking cabinet, the kind you get for 12 long guns from Tractor supply bolted to your studs and hidden in a closet is just fine. Nobody can know you have it, nobody needs to know and it's out of sight and safe from vendors, repairmen, vistors and family members (of course you have to keep the key in a good place so it's not available but still accessible to you.

So sit down, write out what you have to store, who knows, who has access to your study and closet (or not), and if there's really a serious risk.

You can not prevent important papers from being consumed in a fire, even though many high cost safes are reported to protect for 30 minutes or something. If you have to have them and can't put them online, scanned (such as a Will), then get a safety deposit box.

You just do NOT need a gigantic, thick and heavy safe IF you keep things confidential and keep the cabinet out of sight.

If you are in an area where there are a lot of burglaries and your house has been broken into then all bets are off. BGs will get into your house, get into your safe and your stuff vulnerable, period. Your best option is to consider moving to a safer area.

WidespreadPanic - 

With safes you have to look at your circumstances, your needs, your neighborhood, and various risks.

No safe is going to prevent a determined and skilled burglar from getting into it. But they have to have time, opportunity and they have to know that there is a target worth their time.

If you're storing firearms then a simple locking cabinet, the kind you get for 12 long guns from Tractor supply bolted to your studs and hidden in a closet is just fine. Nobody can know you have it, nobody needs to know and it's out of sight and safe from vendors, repairmen, vistors and family members (of course you have to keep the key in a good place so it's not available but still accessible to you.

So sit down, write out what you have to store, who knows, who has access to your study and closet (or not), and if there's really a serious risk.

You can not prevent important papers from being consumed in a fire, even though many high cost safes are reported to protect for 30 minutes or something. If you have to have them and can't put them online, scanned (such as a Will), then get a safety deposit box.

You just do NOT need a gigantic, thick and heavy safe IF you keep things confidential and keep the cabinet out of sight.

If you are in an area where there are a lot of burglaries and your house has been broken into then all bets are off. BGs will get into your house, get into your safe and your stuff vulnerable, period. Your best option is to consider moving to a safer area.

good post!

MichaelVronsky - 

channel called diwn the rabbit hole is great

just posted about it in a thread about mother horse eyes

fun, but at this point played out and obviously fake.

i was really disgusted at poeple pretending the john titor shit was real way back.

anyone on the OG own a MASSSIVE safe???

Vaping youtube def helped me quit smoking.

I watch vegan youtubers for the drama....mostly durian rider and vegan gains.

I watch fitness youtube for the drama too...blaha..jerry ward greg doucette etc etc etc

Down the Rabbit Hole, as already mentioned earlier in the thread is fantastic. 

Atrocity Guide is very good as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8OYopT9e8tng-CGEWzfmw

I really like Set the Edge for deep dives into NFL related things. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOleFxzITrarQXoizKhBT1A

the mouse utopia episode was amazing!

HELWIG -

I recently wanted to look into the basics of whats out there as far as safes go.

Knowing that Im an extremist, I tried to not get sucked in. But it was inevitable.

My mind was blown when I realized that 90% of commercial safes can be defeated by 2 guys with a crow bar.

I have cheap safes.  They are mainly for liability. In Hawaii you are responsible for any crime that happens with your stolen gun if it wasn’t locked up.  I also had it to keep kids out.

No safe can keep out a determined thief.  A pro can crack even the most expensive safe in no time.  A gold dealer got his safe cracked and he lost several hundred thousand dollars.

Tim Duncan - 
HELWIG -

I have cheap safes.  They are mainly for liability. In Hawaii you are responsible for any crime that happens with your stolen gun if it wasn’t locked up.  I also had it to keep kids out.

No safe can keep out a determined thief.  A pro can crack even the most expensive safe in no time.  A gold dealer got his safe cracked and he lost several hundred thousand dollars.

^thats the conclusion I reached as well