BJ Being Modest

I mean, there is judging criteria..and as bad as the 10 point must system can be.. I'm not sure how BJ gets the only takedowns of the round and back control in rd. 1 and 2 and doesn't win those rounds.  I'm not saying it wasn't close and a little bit of a stalemate..but still...I'm not sure I get it.

2 point round for Fitch on 2 judges cards for the 3rd round.

If bj would have had any offense in rd 3 bj probably would have won

No way did rd 3 deserve a 2 point round. Yeah he won the round but there were no knock downs, and bj never showed he was really hurt. He was intelligently defending at all times. Phone Post

lilmanster - If bj would have had any offense in rd 3 bj probably would have won

i was thinking the same thing. BJ was most likely winning the fight after round 2 on the judges scorecards. all he needed to do in the 3rd round was offer some offense strikes, and/or get a takedown. instead fitch took him down and layed on him for the whole round

I realize Fitch was active..but a 10-8 round with gnp in the guard with no damage?  Well, whatever.

caliphornia - 
lilmanster - If bj would have had any offense in rd 3 bj probably would have won

i was thinking the same thing. BJ was most likely winning the fight after round 2 on the judges scorecards. all he needed to do in the 3rd round was offer some offense strikes, and/or get a takedown. instead fitch took him down and layed on him for the whole round

BJ Penn WAS winning on 2 cards after the first 2 rds.
BOTH had him up 20-18.

The other card was 19-19.

But the 2 judges who had it 20-18 scored the 3rd as a 10-8 for Fitch.
Yet the other judge only gave the 3rd as a 10-9 to Fitch!!!!!

LOL

That's how we ended up at 28-28, 28-28 & 29-28