"BJ is a coward" says FItch

So over on MMAFighting.com, Dave Doyle has a really intresting article about Jon Fitch.  Here's the quote that grabbed my attention:

"Here at AKA, we've got fighters who come out to fight, fighters who will face anyone and don't hide from any opponents. You've also got cowards out there like B.J. Penn who say they want to fight people, but then they run and hide."

Okay, I am really confused here.  When has BJ turned down a fight?  Didn't BJ fight a much bigger Fitch, and in my opinion, beat him?  Why all the BJ hate from Fitch?  There are a lot of BJ fans out there, including myself, and Fitch is doing nothing to ingratiate himself to me with quotes like this.

Thoughts...

fitch wants to goad bj into fighting him

fitch is actually a good guy i think..but hes faking trying to be a villain - maybe following in the foosteps of chael...

BJ beat Fitch in the first round of their fight and that's it.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html

Fitch wanted a rematch, I guess he's still upset about it.

Insert BJ Penn "Waaah" gif, please. Phone Post

Orcus - I think you're onto something, but I don't know if I like Fitch as a fake villain...

BJ won that fight, I don't think anyone really wants to see the rematch, then again I don't really care to watch any Fitch fight.

fitch needs to learn how to get people to wanna watch him fight instead of calling out natural lightweights who gave him all he could handle.

Ya hear Jon?

lmao @ "BJ won that fight"

He also annihilated Nick Diaz!!

BrunoMcGyver - BJ beat Fitch in the first round of their fight and that's it.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html

Any idiot that uses fightmetric to judge a fight is a welllllllllllll idiot. Phone Post

Why doesn't Fitch call out Kos now that he left that gym? That would at least get him back in line versus a light weight who is at the end of his career.

It's been a while but I thought BJ won the first two rounds and almost submitted Fitch in the 1st round.

How about Fitch fights Kos already. Let's see that. Phone Post

Yeah, BJ is terrified of Fitch.

Trying to figure out what is more unbearable: watching Fitch fights or reading/listening to his Chael routine.

I pray to the God of your understanding Erick Silva knocks him TFO faster than Hendricks on TRT. Phone Post

I don't hate Fitch (though I hate his fighting style) but I see him getting KO'ed violently by Silva.  I was feet away from the Octagon for Silva's last fight and you could hear that guy's punches.  Silva is a beast!

Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.

Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.

In the second round, Fitch and BJ both landed a takedown, Fitch got the only sweep in the round and he outlanded Penn 59-18 in total and 14-5 in significant strikes.

In round 3, Fitch was in top position for 4:35 and outlanded BJ 149-2

But yeah, he totes lost.

I wonder if Fitch would have ever agreed to fight Machida.

Wovito - Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.

Exactly bj is doing him a favor by allowing him a rematch Phone Post