BJ just posted this...

On his Instagram:

"When I was a brown belt many of the members of nova uniao in the united states wanted me to compete at black belt for the 2000 mundial and was asking @dedepederneiras if this was possible because he was head of Nova Uniao. The week before the mundial they were doing the selection to see who would be on team A and team B...at the selection @dedepederneiras came to me and said "Bj I believe you are a black belt, but it's not me you have to prove it to. You have to prove it to them!" And he pointed at all the black belts sitting by the wall and at Wendell Alexander. Dede says to me "beat two of the black belts at your weight and I will give you the black belt and you will be on team A, if you lose you try one more year at brown belt!" That day I got my black belt and the rest is history! Phone Post 3.0

Here's a link to a new pic with Penn and Dede. Looking lean.

http://instagram.com/p/jR8_5wgUie/ Phone Post 3.0

Awesome Phone Post 3.0

Is that a prequel to Motivated Penn? The making of? Phone Post 3.0

I train with Marcelo Pereira and he has some really great BJ stories from back in the day. It would have been crazy to be on the mats with BJ, Dede, Marcelo, Shaolin, Robson and the rest. I hope BJ does well in this fight and wish him luck.

i interpret this as bj beating aldo and barao 

Not a really big BJ fan but his book was good. Especially his behind the scenes BJJ stories.

Stan Wang - remember wham Nick Diaz beat BJ?

i do.

;)
Yes.

BJ only lost to the best. No Jeremy Jacksons on his record. Phone Post 3.0

i do.

;)
Nick Diaz is my favourite fighter, but why even bring that up? It has nothing to do this this thread. Phone Post 3.0

BJ's face has a resemblance to Helios in that pic IMO

Sir Psycho Sexy -

i do.

;)
Nick Diaz is my favourite fighter, but why even bring that up? It has nothing to do this this thread. Phone Post 3.0
Stan's cool. He's busting balls. We were recruited together... Phone Post 3.0

Leghound -

BJ's face has a resemblance to Helios in that pic IMO

Thanks!

Lean! Phone Post 3.0

Stan Wang -
Sir Psycho Sexy - 

i do.

;)

its just an inside juke between Malvert and i. he welched a screen name bet on that fight, i promised to haunt him for it.

i am a fan of BJ and Diaz.
In my defense, it was a very nuanced situation. I'll give you 30 days if you still feel that way Stan. No sweat. I just never say it as a tuck. I'll honor it though, just name it. Phone Post 3.0

You still peeing red, Malvert?

MattBenwa - You still peeing red, Malvert?
Never stopped. Phone Post 3.0

Its great to see BJ return to his roots.

Stan Wang - or we could just change it to something goofy like "Malvert the Jean-Claude van Dammiter"...whatever you want.
You decide. Kick me in the nuts for 30 days or kick me in the nuts for eternity. Whichever you prefer, friend. I enjoy our interactions either way. Phone Post 3.0

That's awesome Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - 

i do.

;)
Yes.

BJ only lost to the best. No Jeremy Jacksons on his record. Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Did you realize you just placed BJ in the same category as Jeremy Jackson?

Amazingly dumb. 

I've been waiting 5 years for BJ to get his ass away from Hilo, and get with a camp that would push him to his potential, and his true weight class. That has finally happened. Finally...and now the 145lb division is about to get fucking wrecked.