BJ let Jens escape

Didn't notice this until I watched the fight a second time, but BJ had the armbar locked up, let it go and sat up just to put Jens in a triangle, only to let that go, too. He was completely toying with Jens on the mat!!

On the feet, BJ dominated as well.

I can't wait for BJ to fight Hughes again...hopefully he won't separate his rib this time, and dominate throughout all three rounds, rather than only two.

I'm thinking that too, although they both deny it. BJ says he gave Jens nothing, that Jens worked out of it. Jens says the same thing. But I sure thought it was locked in too.

A shot at Hughes?? Serra's the champ, not Hughes.

I noticed that too when I watched it the first time. I screamed out "WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO!?"

Then I realized he was just playing with Jens.

Cre- I don't think you set the standard for what fighters NEED to do.

If it were up to you the CHAMPION of Pride would have to "earn" a HW title shot.

Which is absurd.

"I'm thinking that too, although they both deny it. BJ says he gave Jens nothing, that Jens worked out of it. Jens says the same thing. But I sure thought it was locked in too."

You're 100% correct! Watch it again, the fucking armbar is locked, all he had to do was put pressure on the arm. Same with the triangle, BJ started pulling on Jens' head, then stopped. He was toying with him to punish Jens.

He was enjoying smashing Jens with elbows from the bottom quite a bit as well Golden- It was beautiful to watch.

BJ completely schooled Pulver on his feet as well, timing his shots better and making Pulver miss almost every time.

"It was beautiful to watch."

Yes it was. That was a true artist at work.

I think BJ should stay in the light weight division and go for the title.

well he is a prodigy...

I'm inclined to agree that Penn was going easy on him.

I was grinning ear to ear the entire fight- especially when they showed Matt Hughes and how crushed he looked that Pulver was completely over-whelmed.

"Franklin had to go through 2 top contenders to get his title shot, that seems to be standard."

Lets not start comparing what Franklin has to do get another title shot with everyone elses title considerations. What they do with Franklin at MW may or may not be the same thing they decide to do with any other fighter at any other weight.

IMO BJ's Jiu Jits is almost a sick as his stand up.

I was being slightly sarcastic. I do think his stand up is very under rated though.

I really enjoy watching BJ fight, and I have absolute appreciation for his skill, but the armbar was not in proper position. He had the arm extended, but Jens's hand was palm down. EXTREMELY difficult to finish an armbar when the hand is palm down. Great job of holding off the armbar by Jens, great job by BJ to immediately set up the triangle in the transition.

no BJ just isn't as good as you think he is.

"no BJ just isn't as good as you think he is."

Stop.

"The same guy that started a thread and complained about BJ's laziness (b/c he weighed in at 155.5 as opposed to 155) "

best thread in quite some time if I do say.

I wish BJ would stay at 155. His most recent tenure at 170 was ... unsatisfying.