BJ let Jens escape

good job Matlock.....3 or 4 times in the fight BJ could've ended it and let
him out so that he could pound him some more. And in the post-fight
interview Jens said it himself.

thread dies in 3.....2......1

BJ Penn’s girlfriend and SI swimsuit model Tori Paver is hot

UFC fighter BJ Penn loves Hawaii.

And, I think I know a big, blonde reason why.

“The Prodigy” dates Ford model Tori Praver, who was also born on the big island. She has appeared in magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan and Glamour.

Now, she’s featured in the Sports Illustrated 2007 Swimsuit edition.

Here’s what she had to say about her man:

“BJ is an ultimate fighter and my boyfriend and I love ultimate fighting and we watch it all the time. We’re super into it and BJ is the best fighter out of Hawaii…. [I will spend Valentine’s day] in New York City with my boyfriend, the most amazing person in the world.”

Aw … how cute.

But, I think all we really care about is this:

ultimate fighter girlfriend tori praver  tori praver ufc fighter boyfriend  tori praver super model ufc  tori praver ufc fanatic
tori praver ufc babe  ufc tori praver  tori praver ufc fan  tori praver ufc boyfriend

nevermind.....thanks for the save Dio ;)

I like BJ more now.

LOL @ "We?re super into it"

I should fucking hope so!

"I really enjoy watching BJ fight, and I have absolute appreciation for his skill, but the armbar was not in proper position. He had the arm extended, but Jens's hand was palm down. EXTREMELY difficult to finish an armbar when the hand is palm down. Great job of holding off the armbar by Jens, great job by BJ to immediately set up the triangle in the transition."

Burton, I respect you and your skill in MA. That being said, I disagree with you here. BJ could have finished the armbar simply by torquing it in the opposite direction of the elbow...I do it all the time when guys are squirming out of armbars. After watching the fight a second and third time, I truly believe that BJ lte Jens escape on purpose.

"As far as BJ letting subs go, naa. Jens ripped his head out from the leg. Wasn't shit let go. As soon as Penn saw Jens rip his leg off his head he sat up quick as fuck to make sure he stayed in a dominant position."

Watch it again. BJ has the arm isolated, his feet are crossed, all he has to do his lift his hips a bit and torque the arm in the opposite direction of the elbow. Instead, HE LETS JENS push his leg off his head, then sits up for the triangle. THEN, while pulling Jens' head into the triangle, he just stops. WHY??? He was toying with Jens, that's why.

This is only some personal observations, as I would never presume to know more about bjj than BJ...but it sure appeared that he could have finished that armlock if he wanted to. Even with his left leg up by Jens' head, if he slipped it behind the head and put his right leg over the head, it would have been done, and pretty much impossible to escape.

Just the fact that he went for the armbar from the back, while on top, showed that he was toying with Jens rather than going for the high percentage finish.

After Jens getting away from the armbar, he also escapes BJ's triangle, which it seemed BJ could have adjusted and finished easily. Again, strange.

But then after all that, when BJ was mounted again, Jens kept thrusting his arm straight up past BJ's head and turning to his side, BEGGING to be armlocked.

When BJ didn't take it, I really started to suspect that he was indeed just toying with Jens and wanted draw out the punishment.

Though if this were true, I don't know why he ended up finishing with the choke instead of the armbar like he said he would. Afterall, Jens said he would knock out eight of BJ's teeth, so what does BJ do? Comes in with no mouthpiece.

"Just the fact that he went for the armbar from the back, while on top, showed that he was toying with Jens rather than going for the high percentage finish."

Good point.

Scroll to the bottom of this article:

"Due to an editing error, ultimate fighter BJ Penn was incorrectly identified as the boyfriend of model Tori Praver in the 2007 Swimsuit Issue. SI regrets the error."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2007_swimsuit/models/tori_praver/bio.html

So she's available?

Hey Golden Arm,
We can disagree, no problem. I think BJ started to push Jen's arm against his right leg to finish, but I think Jens sat up already. Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems to me that it just wasn't quite in place. Aloha!

sure looked that way

i thought BJ let Jens out of the armbar and the triangle that followed too...
so i called a friend of mine who was in the locker room with BJ after the fight...
i was told BJ said something to the effect that, yeah everyone keeps asking him that and NO he didn't purposely let Jens out of ANY of those positions... i was told BJ said he was working to finish the entire time and that all credit is due to Jens for getting out of a couple tough spots...

FYI... :-)

I agree.. Complete domination.

I like both Jens and BJ for different reasons:

BJ for sick BJJ

Jens for being a tough lefty with sick KO power.

I gained more respect for Jens after watching him coach on TUF. How much is attributed to editing.. who knows? But I liked his "team" attitude and motivation. BJ had a bunch of fuck ups so maybe his own style of coaching didn't really shine.

oh well.. again: Complete domination.

Congrats to BJ!!!