BJ losing respect of 808?

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090206/BREAKING02/90206042

Some of the comments suggest that.

"Hilo loves me a good french-haole"

What's funny is a lot of my buddies from down there texted me post-fight and were saying the same thing

the page wont work for me..what has been said?

WHAAAAAA????   Anonymous people on the internet are saying disrespectful things about someone?

This must have a real and deep meaning.

Really makes me wonder about the person they are talking about. 

probaly a bunch of gsp fans or midwest inbred fucks

go to hawaii and ask the real locals what they think of BJ

he is Lebron James on those islands.

It seems like BJ has more of following than University of Hawaii football program.

BJ is Hawaii's son. No questions asked

Those posters better watch out. Saucy is going to turn up there any minute !

A bag of Meth and some Poi will win back his fans.

Don't think they were really fans to begin with. A lot of people here are like "He's not a great role model for the children." Now that's retarded. Why would you want a role model for your children to be a fighter?

"A bag of Meth and some Poi will win back his fans."

Yeah, whatever Bubbles.

He hasn't lost my Hespect.

You want the opinions of people who train in Hawaii or fans of the sport in Hawaii, go to the Hawaii Ground and read for yourselves.

a mix of props to GSP and some well wishes to BJ.

Peace be the journey. One Love.

Don't know about the 808, but BJ has sure lost respect in the 415 - at least that of one person from the latter anyway.

And to think that I was totally on BJ's side against Jens Pluver when they were in the house; the contrast between BJ's two-year-old act and the pure class Jens showed before, during and after the Urijah Faber fight could scarcely be starker.

don't know how anyone couldn't have lost at least some respect for him. Monday he said GSP was a little greasy but it didn't change anything. Yesterday he says GSP is a cheater and it cost him the fight. I see a guy doing whatever he can to save face. Great competitor, but I'll root against him every time he fights.

I'm from Hawaii and am still a fan of BJ's.

Similar to Muhammed Ali, he makes his fans buy his fights to see him win and his haters buy his fights to see him lose. This is good business.

Hilariously, one of the ads selected on the basis of the content of the page lists info on steroids. I guess there are a lot of gay islanders stocking up on steroids and vaseline. I think the op is on to something.

Internet statistics algorithm ftw!

lol, steamfitter, let it go. your one man anti hawaii cruasade is not working

"You should be banned for comparing BJ fucking Penn to Muhammad Ali.

When BJ Penn changes the world, let me know."

When mohammed ali changes the world please let me know...a life spent shit talking and being beaten into vegetable status doesn't equal 'changing the world'...fucking racist.

Justinmacd - 
Reenz - I'm from Hawaii and am still a fan of BJ's.

Similar to Muhammed Ali, he makes his fans buy his fights to see him win and his haters buy his fights to see him lose. This is good business.

You should be banned for comparing BJ fucking Penn to Muhammad Ali.

When BJ Penn changes the world, let me know.

I was referring to BJ using similar tactics as Ali did to generate interest in his fights.

Steamfitter - A bag of Meth and some Poi will win back his fans.

LOL

Look Brau, you gotta stop doing this shit brau... (I'm thinking of Dog the Bounty Hunter)

Moran - 
Bobby Lupo -  Why will Hawaii never be an independent nation?

Because the name Iceland is already taken

OH SNAP!! lol that is so true the entire island is like one big trailer park with meth heads

You have no idea how many wealthy people live or have homes in Hawaii. Check the median prices.