BJ Penn Rolling

bj does have a really slick game, and incorporates his flexibility really well. I can't wait for his jiujitsu book.

Let's clarify...BJ is a phenom but he never has put in Rigan in any kinda trouble. he'll be the 1st one to let u know rigan is the greatest he ever rolled with.

Rigan, ROger, JJ Machado, and rickson pretty much unstoppable for most people in a dojo.

ttt

I love how BJ calls his style "advanced basics" and he emphasizes the fundamentals alot.

If you watch him roll, he still goes for the leg on shoulder smash pass and passes to mount whenever he's placed in the half guard. From the bottom he always plays a tight spider guard or traditional guard. Nothing fancy. He also has a great mount and transitions to the back. It's phenomenal to see how far the basics will get you.

As far as he and Rigan I think he has the utmost respect for Rigan and I doubt he tools him. He called him a "black belt black belt" while referring to himself as a "blue belt black belt."

I wonder how JJ Machado will do against Penn. I am pretty they rolled together before.

"I wonder how JJ Machado will do against Penn. I am pretty they rolled together before."

It was a good match. ;)

I got to roll with BJ that day, too. From someone who's been trained for the amount of time he has, he feels like one of the "old school" bbs. He's off the charts as far as no-gi bjj goes. His skill and game are ridiculous.

Spill the beans Wutang. You and i have a friend in common in HPF. We're friend's by proxy.

You know HPF? I don't -- everything online about him is a troll job.

the crazy thing about those clips is that they STILL dont do him any justice. the guy is in-fucking-credible.

BJ is awesome to watch. Very tight basics, perfectly executed. The best episodes of his website show is where he is teaching and training.

Has he ever rolled with Marcelo Garcia?

I would love to see BJ and Marcelo roll.