bj penn vs diego on spike tv?

--B.J. Penn has agreed to face Diego Sanchez on 11/14 in Manchester, England for the UFC lightweight title. This will be on Spike, not PPV.

I guess his PPV numbers weren't that high?

NO
DANA IS GIVING US A PRESENT

Good.....b/c I would'nt pay to see an undeserving challenger get mauled anyway.

mrmetoo - I doubt it. I don't think BJ will want to fight on Spike unless he gets a huge bonus for doing so.

He's done it before....twice I believe.

OmegaPoon -  I guess his PPV numbers weren't that high?

Nope... his PPV are consistently higher...

BJ was pissed about his payout in his last fight there... he felt he was screwed by lower PPV numbers last time because his fight was in England (i.e. consistently significantly fewer PPV orders from the US).

He was willing to do it in England this time but only if they did it for free (i.e. much higher viewership numbers - so it increases his name awareness).

Who cares its free. Now I can buy a sack of weed instead of the PPV.

well if diego pushes the pace - they may get FOTN bonus and/or KO of the night...

Is there are source on this or just speculation?

sack a weed on Dana!

he may also be doin it as a favour to the ufc...seeing dana wants to have mma free when there is a scheduled boxing ppv...

so he may give them the FOTN bonus like he did with forrest and anderson...

corruption at it's best...

hardknuckler - Who cares its free. Now I can buy a sack of weed instead of the PPV.

my kinda dude

source?

ttt

I imagine BJ is probably being compensated extra for doing this on Spike.

Bj doesn't want to fight oversees on ppv because the buy rates are too low.

bj vowed never to fight in nevada again because he didn't get his way with the commission.

this fuckin guy........

hardknuckler - Who cares its free. Now I can buy a sack of weed instead of the PPV.

I was gonna get a sack of weed anyway regardless of if the PPV is free or not.

lofnl

puff puff give

WAR DIEGO 505

OmegaPoon -  I guess his PPV numbers weren't that high?

I can't remember were i read it so you don't have to believe me if you don't want but I remember reading that 101 did 850k ppv buys.  I wouldn't say his numbers "weren't that high".