BJ Penn vs Florian, who wins and why?

Lets forget Fedor, positive testing for a banned substance, the guy who's still alive and the idiot who started it and lets talk about a really important fight in the sport.

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian, who wins this one and why.

the odds on this fight are presently:

BJ Penn -200
Kenny Florian +160

BJ wins and I don't even think it's going to be close, although maybe it will be - that's why they actually have the fights.

BJ because hes just better.

Baroquen Record - BJ because hes just better.

Kenny Florian by BJ being overrated and gassing...Kenny will have a really good game plan imo and stay on the outside and pick Penn apart with leg kicks and body kicks.

BONEtheDOME - 
BJ because hes just better.

+2

Florian has better standup, better footwork, better cardio, better gameplanning.

BJ has better power, better reflexes, better wrestling.

Both guys have no trouble taking a punch. Both are very good on the ground.

Should be a fantastic fight.

orcus -  Florian has better standup, better footwork, better cardio, better gameplanning.

Agreed

I will go with BJ in this one. He is an animal at this weight, he is going to toss Florian around. Remember Florian vs Sherk well this will be a lot like that but BJ isn't going to get cut.

I'll be rooting for KenFlo...but honestly it depends upon which BJ shows up.

If he's focused and ready, he'll probably take it.

BJ by bloody referee stoppage in the 2nd.

unless BJ totally blows this fight off, he will mash Florian then violate his corpse... and I am a huuuuge BJ hater

orcus -  Florian has better standup, better footwork, better cardio, better gameplanning.

Good analysis.

I'm pulling for Florian but the fight could go either way. BJ seems more focused and looks like he's taking his conditioning more seriously than his last match against GSP.

BJ takes it. He knows he can't afford to lose this one, he has to protect his legacy (which was diminished by the GSP fight). I think he shows up motivated and lays it on Florian.

BJ by jumping on Kenny Florian like he is jumping out of the pool.... BJ by 3 feet baby!!!

Ken Flo wins this in the later rounds after BJ gets discouraged early in the fight...

nobody is going to "run through" ken flo. the guy has been finishing top fighters the last couple of years.

ken flo should make good use of his legs, since bj doesnt really check kicks and prefers the boxing stance

bj's jab will not be effective like it was against sherk.

i dont see this fight going to the ground unless its in the 4th or 5th.

ken flo is motivated hungry and dedicated...he will win this fight...you can write it down

A lot of pressure will be on Florian, this is his second shot at a title.

hopefully bj wins

but i suspect florian is better trained

Agreed.  After BJ eats some leg/body kicks, this fight goes to the ground.  BJ 3rd rd RNC (IMO)