BJ Penn vs Marcelo Garcia (BJJ)

Would Marcelo tap BJ. Is there anyone who can tap BJ?

When was the last time BJ was tapped in any form of competition?

Garcia by annihilation

Garcia is on another level.

Godzilla vs the new King Kong?

NEXT

he might out-point BJ. But i don't see him tapping him. It would be a hell of a thing to watch.

Garcia

I would pay big $$$ to see this.

If I were to put money on this, I would place it on Garcia, but I would not be suprised AT ALL if Penn took this.

The advantage goes to Garcia, as he dedicates his time EXCLUSIVELY to submission grappling, as opposed to MMA.

i think Bj would do alot better than you guys give him credit for.. especially no gi.

"They would handle each other in their respective sports.... however, I think BJ would do better with Marcelo in JJ than Marcelo would do with BJ in MMA."

Well put, i agree.

I would see Garcia winning by points, and in mma BJ by a quick knockout

I wouldn't be surprised if Marcelo taps BJ. Just has been competing in no-gi ALOT more with better training partners and awesome competition.

"BJ is out of season on the jiu jitsu mat."

Um, yea... You can tell by all of the submission attempts in his last fight.

I'm sure he only trains boxing now. LOL

^that being said it wouldnt suprise me either. I just think its more like that BJ is outpointed then tapped.

On the other hand, BJ is a prodigy, and i wouldn't be suprised to see BJ upset Marcelo, much like drysdale did

ttt

I say they slap this match right in the middle of a UFC event. Almost like an intermission for those who aren't fans of BJJ.

The rest of us can watch, drool and then feel completely incompetent the next time we get on the mat.

"BJ is out of season on the jiu jitsu mat"

yeah he only owns and runs a jiu jitsu/MMA school and trains there like 3 times per day. im sure hes "out of season"

Dont forget how accomplished of a grappler BJ is. Its not like he hasnt competed in BJJ ( and done very well by the way).

Great, great fight. The virtually unpassable guard (BJ) vs the slick passes and submissions of Garcia. I would put my money on Garica but as stated above, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if BJ won.

My BJJ instructor is a blackbelt who kicks everyone ass handily, he said BJ dominated him and was easily one of the five best he's ever rolled with. And he trained with the Machados....

"The advantage goes to Garcia, as he dedicates his time EXCLUSIVELY to submission grappling, as opposed to MMA."

marcelo is training with team quest now for mma, as I understand it

I'd love to see bj against anyone now, really

but he and marcelo in a bjj match would be awesome

"The advantage goes to Garcia, as he dedicates his time EXCLUSIVELY to submission grappling, as opposed to MMA."

He's started training @ Team Quest fyi.

I agree with Treadlite82.

id be surprised if marcelo passed bj's guard