BJ Penn vs Marcelo Garcia (BJJ)

Garcia.

I've yet to see BJ's guard passed when he's not letting people pass it. BJ's flexibility and skills makes his guard almost unpassable -- even to Marcelo.

IMO, I highly doubt BJ gets RNC by Marcelo. The match would end on points unless you're ready to watch some 45minute(or longer) match to see a finish.

Marcelo has tapped and beat the best, BJ would fall like the rest.

easy win for Garcia

Garcia all day

Would be a great match depending on what weight they competed.

Gumby rates BJ as the most talented BJJ player he has ever seen and he has seen a few!

BJ vs Cobrinha/Marcelinho/a prime Terere would be good to watch.

undertaker ...with dbl tombstone

I think BJ and Terere already met at brown. BJ went two weight classes up and lost by an advantage.

Garcia would be the clear favorite. I would pay to see it.

BJ all the way. But what a match. I would love to see that one.

Marcelo has been virtually unbeatable in the past few years against people his own weight class.

He was tapped out by someone two weight classes above him.

Garcia has also been dominate against other world champs, so I dont see how BJ would be any different than the rest.

You guys dont give BJ enough credit. Lets not forget that Garcia had a tough time with Diego, I think BJ is better on the ground than Diego. Toss up IMO.

I don't know why people think he had a tough time with Diego. Marcelo was never in any danger of losing that match and he subbed him on his first sub attempt. Diego is strong and explosive and would give alot of people trouble. I'm willing to bet that BJ would not sub Diego in a 10 minute match.

At ADCC this year, Marcelo hardly had any offense mounted on him the entire tournament until the finals of the absolute. BJ has excellent takedowns, awesome passing pressure, but I don't think he can keep up with Marcelo in sub grappling.

rickson by armbar

bj via points from the takedown.

I go with Marcelo to win. Altho BJ could catch Marcelo (anybody can get caught) I think 2 out of 3 times Marcleo wins.

Jamie Walsh tapped BJ while rolling a few months back...I know this wasnt a "competition" but still pretty dam cool!

"Jamie Walsh tapped BJ while rolling a few months back...I know this wasnt a "competition" but still pretty dam cool!"

Not to rain on anyones parade but BJ was being nice -- he let a lot of people tap him that day.