BJ PENN VS. RENZO GRACIE FOR

Matt won that fight.

Renzo is recovering from knee surgery. He will not be able to fight anytime soon.

I would pick Renzo. Renzo won Abu-Dhabi and has been training conditioning and kickboxing with some of the best fighters in the world. BJ's been training with Cabbage and won the mundials. I would definetley pick Renzo and not as an underdog

goku- you make a great point, Hermes was robbed also.

"he doesn't run away. he plays a smarter game."

If he actually engaged and tried to finish Matt, i'd agree. It's fine to play the sprawl and brawl game, but at least attack in hopes of finishing your opponent. It became obvious very early in the fight that BJ had absolutely no intentions of doing anything but winning a decision. I'm not sure BJ took one forward step that entire fight.

BJ actually stopped training and is counting on his
talent so it is all good!

Can we please, for the love of God, stop talking about the BJ/Serra fight!!? The fight sucked!!! Neither guy was able to do anything, and thats the end of it. It went down as a let-down. Matt was being aggressive, and he could not do sh&^. BJ was not there to fight that night, and it made for a uneventful bout.

No one won...the fight goes down as one of the worst fights in MMA. NOW LET IT GO, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's fight plan for Serra might have been smart but it was bad for the sport. UFC is 'spectator sport', and you need to take the spectators into account. Win or lose, I will pay to see Serra, a dynamic, exciting fighter who will push the fight, any time. I will not pay to see BJ run away and try to eek out a judges decision.

I will, however, pay to see BJ fight like he used to, or like how he fought Hughes. If he would fight Renzo like that, I would pay to see it.

"Rodrigo was recently offered 50K to fight in the UFC. he turned it down."

It is nice if that is true. Because I read in an interview that Dana did not even acknowledge that he knew who Ralph and Rodrigo were. It was pretty insulting. Nice to see they are hypocrits on this one.

How about Serra Vs Hughes...think Serra could sub him?

"Its MMA not Sub wrestling!"

I agree 100% but mma is supposed to mean SOME SORT of fight is to take place! If BJ wasnt locked in a cage with Serra he would of ran his scared ass all the way back to hawaii and locked himself in his room!!!

The sad part for all those people who said BJ didn't throw any punches is that Matt still couldn't even take him down.

Tell me one fighter (BJJ World Champion or any standup fighter) that lets his opponent willingly give him a takedown to go to the ground. I'm sure if Matt ever (and I mean ever) got BJ to the ground, BJ would have no problem engaging on the ground.

I haven't seen the fight in awhile, but from what I remember Matt got right back up when BJ took him down. If Matt wanted to get to the ground so much, he should have jumped guard ;)

Would love to see this fight.

omaplate..those words were straight from Rodrigo

Would be a good fight!

Do you guys even know how hard it is to keep BJ down (or in any position)if he does not want to be there?

Just ask the Team Quest guys that same question, and you should have your answer.