BJ Penn will train with Jose Aldo for Edgar Fight

Frank Gallagher -
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare -
Tat2tillidie - I bet Frankie will start training checking kicks like a mofo lol ... Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm sure BJ is all of a sudden is going to be throwing leg kicks haha. Phone Post 3.0

If anyone can get him to do it, it's dede Phone Post

Well Frankie is going to take him down anyway so BJ would just be gifting it for him. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing good about this move...

- the UG Phone Post 3.0

Cool move but let's be honest. They're not going to be able to remake the wheel. BJ hasn't fought in how long? He has to cut how much weight? Plus some people seem to think his arsenal will improve dramatically from this? Doubtful. They'll just be getting him back into decent fighting shape. Phone Post

Frank Gallagher -
Frank Gallagher -
Tat2tillidie - I bet Frankie will start training checking kicks like a mofo lol ... Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm sure BJ is all of a sudden is going to be throwing leg kicks haha. Phone Post 3.0

If anyone can get him to do it, it's dede Phone Post

Well Frankie is going to take him down anyway so BJ would just be gifting it for him. Phone Post 3.0

I don't agree Phone Post

I don't agree changing BJ's style will be a good thing. He should just focus on what he's good at, but I don't think that will be good enough to beat Frankie anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Willin - Cool move but let's be honest. They're not going to be able to remake the wheel. BJ hasn't fought in how long? He has to cut how much weight? Plus some people seem to think his arsenal will improve dramatically from this? Doubtful. They'll just be getting him back into decent fighting shape. Phone Post
Lol at the myth of him "cutting" down to 145 from his present weight. He'll diet down to about 160 and cut from there, if not lower.

There's a great YouTube video of BJ training for the Pulver 2 fight when he's down to 162 several weeks out of the fight...he promptly goes to stuff his face with junk food to "stop his metabolism in its tracks." Had he kept training and dieting he would have continued to lose weight.

Here's the mobile URL if anyone cares to find it and embed...can't from my phone.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLk9bRCSNg0 Phone Post 3.0

it's gonna be a humbling experience, hopefully he can handle it...

Augustus Caesar -

That is a great move for BJ.

This. I am now officially PUMPED for their fight. Phone Post 3.0

Ahhhhhh so happy about this! Phone Post

Malvert the Janitor -
Willin - Cool move but let's be honest. They're not going to be able to remake the wheel. BJ hasn't fought in how long? He has to cut how much weight? Plus some people seem to think his arsenal will improve dramatically from this? Doubtful. They'll just be getting him back into decent fighting shape. Phone Post
Lol at the myth of him "cutting" down to 145 from his present weight. He'll diet down to about 160 and cut from there, if not lower.

There's a great YouTube video of BJ training for the Pulver 2 fight when he's down to 162 several weeks out of the fight...he promptly goes to stuff his face with junk food to "stop his metabolism in its tracks." Had he kept training and dieting he would have continued to lose weight.

Here's the mobile URL if anyone cares to find it and embed...can't from my phone.

Regardless he's going to be at Nova for 3 months? Nothing much is going to change. Phone Post

Awesome plan. BJ is a Nova Uniao original. Phone Post 3.0

Willin -
Malvert the Janitor -

Regardless he's going to be at Nova for 3 months? Nothing much is going to change. Phone Post

The fights not until April 2014 from what I've heard. If he shows up in shape the camp will do him good.

Regardless, BJ went ten rounds with Frankie and he still feels like he can win. Fans watched ten rounds and they feel they know better. Guess we'll see next spring. Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor -
Willin -
Malvert the Janitor -

The fights not until April 2014 from what I've heard. If he shows up in shape the camp will do him good.

Regardless, BJ went ten rounds with Frankie and he still feels like he can win. Fans watched ten rounds and they feel they know better. Guess we'll see next spring. Phone Post 3.0
Mma hour had Frankie on yesterday, believe Ariel said the show would begin airing around April and they would fight in July. Phone Post 3.0

MursSkullForBarnettsThrone -
Malvert the Janitor -
Willin -
Malvert the Janitor -

Mma hour had Frankie on yesterday, believe Ariel said the show would begin airing around April and they would fight in July. Phone Post 3.0
Damn. Well that probably benefits BJ. I'm sure he's about 180 right now... Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - 
Malvert the Janitor -
Willin -
Malvert the Janitor -

Damn. Well that probably benefits BJ. I'm sure he's about 180 right now... Phone Post 3.0

I had read recently BJ was at 165 right now.

Matt Phillips -
Malvert the Janitor - 
Malvert the Janitor -
Willin -
Malvert the Janitor -

I had read recently BJ was at 165 right now.

Source? That'd be great news! Phone Post 3.0

If he holds his camp in Brazil or Blackhouse, in Los Angeles, then it's going to be interesting. If he tries to bring everyone to Hawaii, like he did for his last fight, then - as a fan - I'm going to be disappointed. By the way, this fight will take place at 155...mark my words. Phone Post 3.0

Kneeblock -

I love BJ but it won't work. Edgar's got this and I'll SN bet anyone.

FUCK YEA BJ Phone Post

SLUGSHOT_331 -
Kneeblock -

I love BJ but it won't work. Edgar's got this and I'll SN bet anyone.

FUCK YEA BJ Phone Post

Meaning I'll gladly take BJ if you're down homie. He isn't losing to Frankie 3 times. Phone Post

I don't think people realize how different the food is in Brazil. 145 might be a hard weight cut in Hawaii, not so much in Rio.

So much fresh fruits and juices, acia, lean meats, not a lot of calories and shit carbs in their food.

Just the temperature in Brazil, training in that hot ass Nova Uniao room he will be sweating more weight off then usual.

Training partners- Could you ask for a better team? Even Alpha does not have two ufc champs, and then there are all the up and comers training out of there as well.

Coaches- Dede already has studied Frankie for the Aldo fight, so I'm sure he will have a great game plan put together for Penn. Imagine that, if BJ comes in with an actual game plan instead of just trying to "be first".

On top of that, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a three rounder. Penn Edgar III isn't something I'd expect to main event something, it would make a solid co main though. If anybody knows better please correct.

People are terribly under estimating Penn from the Diaz and Rory fights. Do you guys remember BJ Penn double legging Fitch two or three times?

Then bj will train with edgar for his fight with aldo.
Brilliant!!! Phone Post