BJ seperated his rib

"Winner and still champion, Matt Hughes...Fact!!!"

True.

They need a rematch.

After seeing BJ fight Matt and GSP, I have no doubt that BJ is the more talented fighter.

Matt will defeat GSP next and then he will smash the winner of TUF 4. Penn needs to win a couple of fights before he gets any rematch.

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]

Date: 09/24/06 10:26 AM
5274 Total Posts Ignore User

Fact: It is always the same people hating on BJ Penn.
Did BJ steal your girlfriends or something?

LOL I think were on to something! It an't bj fault you can't lay the pipe!

"Matt was outclassed until BJ injured his rib.... FACT!!! "

Ya just like he was suposed to have busted his hand VS GSP but yet he wasn't suspended after his fight.Excuses are for losers.

its funny how this is such a heated exchange with the usual name calling and so forth. It seems simple, as MATT HUGHES put it "I lost he first two rounds then came back and won the fight in the third." I tend to agree with Hughes.

I've separated my ribs in practice and I'm sure pretty much anybody who has wrestled or rolled has at one point. That being said, it's just another reflection of BJ's conditioning/training.

BJ Penn was defending takedowns, landed a couple more shots and almost caught Hughes in a triangle after Hughes maintained top position with elbows only to in round three get completely dominated and stopped for the first time EVER................FACT.

You BJ fan boy's seem to forget how Hughes pasted BJ's puss repeatedly with lefts and rights. I thought ole BJ was the real deal on his feet too? The only thing that makes Penn unusual is his flexibility, nothing else. Hughes had trouble taking him down because of his flexibility. Same thing for the grappling aspect of the fight, Hughes had to adjust to Penns flexibility. Once Hughes wore Penn down and got position the fight ended quickly. As far as the excuses go I could see those coming before the fight even started. You BJ blowboy's don't like it because a farm boy stomped you'r loudmouthed prodigy's ass! FACT

Even if true he should have fought through it, just like real champions do.

The only stat that truley matters is the W! Fact!

It was painfully obvious to me that BJ was not the same fighter at the beginning of Round 3.  Matt was beating him in the stand up, which would never happen if something wasn't wrong. 

"There was an unblocked kick to the ribs in the second round. Wonder if that could have been the cause"

I concur!

If Penn's rib is injured you think it's a coincidence that it happened in the cage against arguably the most dominant champion in MMA to date? Against an athletic freak like Matt? BJ won round one by quite a bit, not dominantly, but clearly. He was very impressive in stopping the takedowns of one of the best takedown artists in MMA and he landed a few good shots. In round 2 Matt did well until the last minute, he had a comfortable lead in the round, and BJ impressively stole the round. Matt did escape BJ's submission attempts on his own before the bell sounded. Round 3, Matt dominates standing and on the ground. You can say what you want but Matt destroyed BJ.

Well I hope he can locate it then.

He did look like he didn't want to be there right at the start of the third round. I have no idea if this rib injury was true, but it sure looked different than just being gassed.

" You have to admit BJ owned him for 2 rounds"

He won the rounds for sure. Owned? He landed a few punches that as far as I can tell did no damage. Matt landed a great kick (coincidentally, right to the ribs). And Penn had Matt in trouble at the end of round 2 for about 40 seconds. That's it.

As for him separating his ribs at the end of round 2: He was already breathing VERY hard while on his back two minutes into round 2. He was already tired from the effort of stopping Matt's takedowns.

This is just priceless, it's Vitor Belfort all over again.

Rib injuries are brutal.

Id like to see Penn tear through some other guys then get a third Hughes fight.

One thing i will say is Penn, for whatever reason, isnt designed to go more than 3 rounds. Shit, you could argue 2.

Its either mental, cardio, or a rib. Its always something. He needs better fight strategy. IMO start turning it the fuck on, quick, and try to blast guys out of there in one or two.

i believe this. what a pisser. thats supposed to be SUPER painful

BJ looked good for 2 rounds. I knew and everybody else knew he can't go 5 rounds. Matt did kick his body a few times so i'm sure that had something to do with it. Matt won period.

Matt won and he was prepared.

BJ lost and he was obviously not prepared.