Bj vs Aldo bjj match who you got

It went down at nova uniao for sure but it's just a dream grappling match for sure Phone Post 3.0

Aldo beat cobrihna twice who is also a 3 time world champ Phone Post 3.0

Slave feet - Aldo beat cobrihna twice who is also a 3 time world champ Phone Post 3.0

Wow

Had no idea his BJJ was on that level tbh

Slave feet - Aldo beat cobrihna twice who is also a 3 time world champ Phone Post 3.0

When was this and at what belt level? I never heard this before.

Brown belt Phone Post 3.0

Still at brown, José Aldo crossed paths with four-time featherweight world champion-winning black belt Rubens Charles Cobrinha (Alliance). They had two matches and both were won by Aldo, as remembered by Dedé Pederneiras. GRACIEMAG.com has been hunting down videos of the encounters as though lost treasure. Anyone with the video, please get in touch! Phone Post 3.0

From gracie mag
1. AGAINST RUBENS COBRINHA

Still at brown, José Aldo crossed paths with four-time featherweight world champion-winning black belt Rubens Charles Cobrinha (Alliance). They had two matches and both were won by Aldo, as remembered by Dedé Pederneiras. GRACIEMAG.com has been hunting down videos of the encounters as though lost treasure. Anyone with the video, please get in touch!

2. AGAINST CELSO VENÍCIUS

In 2004, the beachgoers who strolled past the mats at Arena Búzios got the chance to see one of José Aldo’s greatest matches, for free. Celso (Gordo Jiu-Jitsu) is the one who recalls it: “We were brown belts, and we came up against each other in the first match of the under-75 kg absolute. We scowled at each other and the mood was one of altercation immediately but it wasn’t personal—fight stuff. He pulled guard on me, I got my leg out, stayed in half-guard and won. In the end I sunk a Kimura lock; I don’t remember if I finished with it but it was along those lines. He was already a really tough fighter; if he hadn’t concentrated on MMA he’d have certainly made more of a name for himself in Jiu-Jitsu.”

3. AGAINST WILSON REIS

At the 2003 IBJJF Worlds, at the Tijuca Tennis Club in Rio de Janeiro, two MMA aces crossed paths as purple belts before reaching stardom. “We made it to the light featherweight quarterfinals and it was a tough, fast-paced fight from start to finish. I already knew Aldo from prior championships but a lot of folks didn’t know him yet,” recalls Wilson (BJJ United), a onetime Bellator champion.

“Even so he surprised me with his accelerated game, good conditioning and great stamina. He took the lead on advantages, but I managed to land a double-leg takedown and win by 4 to 2. It was a tough match, one of the Jiu-Jitsu wins I’m proudest of, since I always saw him as being one of the top guys.”

4. AGAINST BRUNO FRAZATTO

An ace from Atos Jiu-Jitsu team and a student of Roberto Tozi, Bruno Frazatto was another to Aldo’s worth in the gi, as a brown belt. “Of course I remember,” says Frazatto. “I lost, and the loser never forgets. I’m still carrying bile for him (laughs)! It was in 2004 in Niterói. It was a war, 4-4 on the scoreboard and he won on advantage points, if I remember it correctly. We swapped a bunch of sweeps and ended up in a tangle that seemed like the 50/50 guard. He was already the stalwart fighter he is today. You can tell him I want a rematch—but only in the gi (laughs)!”

5. AGAINST LEANDRO MARTINS

To get a sense of what José Aldo’s style in the gi, check out this match against Leandro Martins, who at the time represented TT Jiu-Jitsu and is now on team CheckMat. Phone Post 3.0

very cool! thanks guys

Aldo Phone Post 3.0

People don't understand how good aldo is. Phone Post 3.0

Prime BJ easy Phone Post 3.0

Prime Bj Phone Post 3.0

Alot of people will say BJ but Aldos BJJ is top notch.

I'm going with Prime BJ, Motivated BJ, and Marinovich BJ.

Aldo beats Tarot Farmer BJ, in my opinion.

I made this thread to let people know Aldo was brought up to be a legendary jiu jitsu player he will use those skills to submit (he who must not be named) Phone Post 3.0

Yes the dark lord Phone Post 3.0

I know this is UG blasphemy, but I'd say Aldo wins. BJ is a legend and I love the man, but Aldo's bjj is in very rare MMA company in my opinion.

BJ all day. Joe Rogan podcast all night Phone Post 3.0

Seem everyone is picking Aldo, didn't realize he was regarded so highly in grappling. So I wanna know who wins a Aldo vs Aoki grappling match. I've always thought Aoki has had the best grappling in mma.

What is amazing is how little people know about and appreciate Aldo's incredible ground game. He just so rarely has to, or is forced, to use it.

He passes people's guards exceptionally well - guys that hardly ever get passed. Good takedowns as well when he wants to shoot (unlike most top BJJ guys who usually have terrible takedowns).

If Aldo gets Connor on his back he would win handily. But the problem is in worried he wants to win standing which is pride getting in the way of what should be a readily winnable fight. Phone Post 3.0