BJ vs Edgar III

Still awhile away but what are your thoughts how this fight? How you think it'll play out? What do you think game plans will or should be? Phone Post 3.0

I think if BJ goes out there with a game plan he will lose the same way as the last fights. BJ had a warrior spirit, go in and fight. If he just reacts naturally he will win (like early BJ). Game plans don't work for everyone. Overall I think the fight will be the same as the first two if he doesn't have the right mentality. Phone Post 3.0

310Livin - I think if BJ goes out there with a game plan he will lose the same way as the last fights. BJ had a warrior spirit, go in and fight. If he just reacts naturally he will win (like early BJ). Game plans don't work for everyone. Overall I think the fight will be the same as the first two if he doesn't have the right mentality. Phone Post 3.0
This is your first post on this site, and you choose to use fucking logic?

Unacceptable. So logic. Such wow. Many sense. Phone Post 3.0

I think BJ won the first, Edgar won the second and both were incredibly close.

Should be a good fight, i like to see a cardio strong BJ.

I think bj should look for takedowns and work his top game to pass and look for chokes. I think bj is too one dimensional in striking (just boxes) to beat Frankie in a Stand up fight unless of course he catches Frankie with a bomb

War bj Phone Post 3.0

Brockback Mountain - I think BJ won the first, Edgar won the second and both were incredibly close.

Edgar won every round in the 2nd fight. BJ got screwed the first time around, though. Phone Post 3.0

MahatmaPetey - 
Brockback Mountain - I think BJ won the first, Edgar won the second and both were incredibly close.

Edgar won every round in the 2nd fight. BJ got screwed the first time around, though. Phone Post 3.0

This.

I've got to give the edge to Edgar going into this one, but since their fights Edgar has been in some wars and he's been rocked in almost all of them at some point but no one has been able to capitalize and finish. I think if BJ can hurt him standing and goes for the submission than he has a chance to finish him, but if he tries to finish him on the feet then Edgar will likely recover and carry on to win a decision.

I think Edgar takes an comfortable UD win, outboxing him and being faster, mixing up with couple of takedowns too.

Weird to see BJ at 145. Dont know which one to root for. I dont want to see Edgar lose, but it would be great to see BJ win...

But if I would put any money on line, it would be for Edgar

In b4 brain says Frankie heart says BJ

I think BJ needs to be more aggressive going for his own take downs. If he does that, he wins, EASILY.

Remeber how easy bj made it look passing kenflos half guard into mount before taking his back and choking him? Kenflo isn't as explosive as Frankie getting off his back though Phone Post 3.0

The rematch no one wants to see Phone Post 3.0

310Livin - I think if BJ goes out there with a game plan he will lose the same way as the last fights. BJ had a warrior spirit, go in and fight. If he just reacts naturally he will win (like early BJ). Game plans don't work for everyone. Overall I think the fight will be the same as the first two if he doesn't have the right mentality. Phone Post 3.0
Great first post! VTFU

WAR BJ PENN! Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom - The rematch no one wants to see Phone Post 3.0
False. I want to see it! Phone Post 3.0

Idk Frankie is so fast with his footwork which has been BJs weak spot. I think he's going to have to corner him and land some big shots early in case it goes into the later rounds. If he plods ahead he has the puncher's chance of rocking him and jumping on for a sub victory but IDK. Phone Post 3.0

Frankie wins. Fight one was extremely close, Fight two was clear cut Edgar. We know from the BJ and Maynard fights that the more Frankie sees an opponent, the better he is against them.

"Motivated" BJ is training with Nova Unioa,so we may see a newer BJ. At least that's what I'm hoping.

War BJ.

I'm pulling for BJ to win....but he has looked a tad malnourished and tired on TUF so far. Phone Post 3.0

I think Edgar will take the fight via UD. BJ has been taking beatings at 170lbs. Even if some of the damage he took in the Diaz and McDonald fights hasn't caught up to him. That's still going to play on his confidence going into this fight imo. Frankie although losing twice against benson, definitely won their second fight and was extremely competitive in the latter rounds against Aldo. There is one thing that's sets edgar apart from near enough any featherweight on the planet and that's his transitions between striking and grappling. He's just going to be a bit too unpredictable for BJ, especially in this weight class. Phone Post 3.0

BJ wins round 1 with a near stoppage then Frankie wins rounds 2 through 5.

BJ retires and is inducted into the HOF. Phone Post 3.0