BJ wins rematch with GSP since now no greasing?

It'd be nice to see BJ move to WW after a couple more LW fights and do the same thing as anderson. He could work his way up in the ranks while defending his LW belt.

There is absolutely no reason for GSP to fight a LW like Penn for the third time. Let Penn fight against the little kids some more, and if he so chooses, he can fight some mid-carders in the WW division.

But he has no right to fight against the champion of the WW division until he beats Alves, Fitch, Karo, etc. and proves he deserves to be in the WW division, let alone fighting for a title.

He hasn't won a WW fight in the past two years, he doesn't belong in the WW division at this time.

BJ Penn should be the gatekeeper of the WW division

jkd4200 - 
Callisto SaM - 
Snarl Snatch -  He got out wrestled, plain and simple. Same exact thing would happen.

and outstruck
and outclinched
and out BJJ

true... but the bjj part is where BJ had his best shot at sweeping, taking top position or subbing GSP... and the fact that GSP's corner put grease on him, it took away BJ's only chance..

True....but what about the parts where GSP relied on clinching, tds, holding position on the ground? Wouldnt grease hinder him from doing that?

oops...kirikmyname, I accidentally clicked on vote down for you...my bad

I'll vote you up to level it out lol

they should get something that says, "are you sure you want to vote up/down this person?"

edit: one vote per person per day? wtf

they should at least let you vote up AND vote down both once per day

sigh

ttt

come on... it was a breathing technique for crying out loud... GSP is too honest to cheat and get away with it...

This fight should happen in Cali without controversy,
bj/gsp/kizer...

No greasing was always a rule....

I would like to see a rematch - mainly because I want to see BJ Penn beaten up and humiliated again, and see what amazing excuse he comes out with this time is.

No rematch until BJ beats Fitch or Alves

GSP retires Penn.

BJ would lose ,greasing or not.

It`s funny to me he thinks he is going to beat GSP off of his back. He might beat him somehow but not with that game plan.

GSP would just beat BJ again. This time it might even be worse.

BJ would get murdered. Again. Brah.

BJ was finished after the second round in their last fight. He would be finished in the second round again if they were ever to fight for a third time.

"Although it would have been interesting to see if BJ could have pulled off a sub from the bottom."

IMO it would not be interesting because it simply wouldnt happen. So many people on this board seem to forget that Penn has never won a fight with a submission from his back. Obviously he doesnt spend much time on his back but in the 2 fights (2nd fight with Hughes and 2nd fight with GSP) that he did, he ended up getting pounded into a TKO loss.
Obviously Penn has incredible ground skills but aside from the arm triangle against Ludwig the only submission he has pulled off in a MMA fight is the rear naked choke.
A guy that has never been subbed from someone's guard doesnt need grease to avoid being subbed by a guy that has never pulled off a submission from his back.
Skill can overcome size but not when the bigger man is also just as skilled, stronger, and more athletic. Penn has the ability to beat many guys at WW but he is simply too small to beat a monster like GSP. Grease or no grease, the only thing that changes in a rematch is the amount of time it takes GSP to finish Penn.

They could make the rematch 2 minute rounds, and start it in BJ's guard and GSP still wins. GSP has shown he downloads the upgrades for his rematches and wins them soundly.

Too bad Diego is gonna smash any chance of BJ getting a rematch.

Ausgepicht - They could make the rematch 2 minute rounds, and start it in BJ's guard and GSP still wins. GSP has shown he downloads the upgrades for his rematches and wins them soundly. Too bad Diego is gonna smash any chance of BJ getting a rematch.

Good ideas.

Great thread, considering Penn nuthuggers have spent 8 months complaining about how no greasing was already a rule. Nothing changed, other than a ref being able to assess a foul, which was irrelevant to the fight at UFC 94, as Penn got destroyed and TKOed, and lost 2 rounds by 10-8 scores before he quit.

Let Penn fight Fitch and Alves if he wants to sniff a chance at the WW belt.

funny how BJ's guzzlers are avoiding a GSP vs BJ 3 thread. They should be all over this .

Lol.....he isn't good enough to fight with in WW division, can U imagine how Fitch and Alves would hurt him!!!

lionsoul - I do think that GSP would have won anyway...

Although it would have been interesting to see if BJ could have pulled off a sub from the bottom. Unfortunately - as the video from the fight demonstrates - his legs were just sliding down GSPs shoulders and back...

My guess is that GSP fights the same way again... tire his shoulders out and then use his superior wrestling in G&P...

Will be tough for BJ to win this kind of fight...
Yes because BJ has subbed so many guys from the bottom. Nice try.