BJJ beats the greatest mma fighter ever....again?

fedor looked helpless while in the mount. bjj wins again

Fedor was outweighed by 50 some pounds. He's not strong enough anymore to just power out of the mount against someone who has knowledge and size. 

MickColins -  Fedor was outweighed by 50 some pounds. He's not strong enough anymore to just power out of the mount against someone who has knowledge and size. 

Nope it was all bjj... all of it.

zhoo zhitsu! zhoo zhitsu! zhoo zhitsu!

Styles(and body types) make fights. I'm also thinking Fedor's heart/head really hasn't been in the game (like it should be) since before the Rogers fight.

During his pride days he was stoical. These days he comes in looking flat.

Fedor refuses to alter his training. This is the second time he faces a big heavyweight with top level jiu jitsu. He should have brought in a 250-280 black belt in BJJ in to his camp that would mount him and take his back. Instead he looked like he had never been put in the position before. Until you have been mounted by an enormous black belt, you do not know what it feels like.

Fedor's ground game has always been lacking. His escapes have always been based on physical attributes and explosiveness instead of solid technique. Since he has begun losing his physical attributes with age his lack of solid technique is starting to show. Basically he lacks technique and has always lacked ground grapping technique.

Roy Jones Jr. used to get away with things due to his physical attributes. Now that he is older and no longer has those attributes his lack of solid technique is the reason he has started losing. It is the same with Fedor.

At this point of his career Fedor does need to train some BJJ.

at this point Fedor needs to retire imo.

unique, the Roy Jones Jr. analogy is pretty spot on imo.  Jones used to be able to get away with whatever he want and still dominate.  

To Silva's credit, he did a solid job passing, a nice mount transition, and maintained the mount and back nicely.  He looks and seems awkward at times because of his size, but he is definitely very skillfull guy and tough.  

¤Unique¤ - Fedor's ground game has always been lacking. His escapes have always been based on physical attributes and explosiveness instead of solid technique. Since he has begun losing his physical attributes with age his lack of solid technique is starting to show. Basically he lacks technique and has always lacked ground grapping technique.

Are you serious?

Fedor is only explosive in his punches just like everyone else. grappling wise he has some of the smoothest sweeps and subs in the business.

His armbars against Hong Man Choi, Coleman and Lindland were effortless and his sweep against Nogeuira and Randleman were the opposite of explosive. He also has the most technical Kimura in all of MMA. He goes out of his way not to do his Kimura explosively. Ironically if he did he would have likely tapped Silva in the first.

You are just wrong.

Sorry, but I definitely disagree. Unique is spot on with his analysis. He explodes well, and was good in the scrambles. It's no longer working for him.

I'm sure Silva has been training alot, but he has never looked that dominant on the ground. That has more to do with facing an opponent with sloppy groundwork, IMO.

Yoshida4Life,
You may be right but Fedor has to be on step ahead and evolve. I have to hand it to GSP, he always evolve. He beat Serra soundly in his rematch just like the way he defeated BJ Penn by using the same pass repeatedly. That's impressive when BJ Penn can't stop a pass that's used on him repeatedly.

The Gracie game a la Royce has been abandoned as Renzo would represent as he keeps on trying to evolve. He understands the format of current MMA.

"Fedor is only explosive in his punches just like everyone else. grappling wise he has some of the smoothest sweeps and subs in the business."

I think this is true with his armbars and sweeps and the same can be said for his throws but his guard is very deficient. Last night fedor fought someone who was bigger than him and didn't have any holes in his game. Fedor has some holes on the ground and standing.

I hope SF will give him an opportunity to go out in style against someone who's game but Fedor can show his skills b/c in my book he's still the greatest fighter in history. I love watching him fight but even if the ref wouldn't have stopped it I think he would have lost b/c he couldn't stop Pezao's takedowns and Pezaos' chin is solid.

Lol at any average bjj black belt beating Fedor in MMA. You have to be at the top of the game and be a complete fighter to even have a chance.

"Last night fedor fought someone who was bigger than him and didn't have any holes in his game."

Every fighter has holes or something to be exploited. Giant Silva's holes are there just like anyone else.

It was only a matter of time before one of the smallest heavyweights would be beaten by a bigger fighter. BJJ didn't beat Fedor. A bigger, stronger, younger fighter beat Fedor.

lol @ the white belts on this thread. Sorry, but I don't give a damn who you are, you have a 6'5 - 6'5, 280lb black belt ontop of you and its going to be HARD to escape. Add in punches too and good luck. Silva can't even hold Werdum's gi in terms of sport bjj skill, but if he fights Werdum and gets mount even he is not getting out of that one. Either people are trolling or they are kids who very rarely, if ever, train.