BJJ Bridge vs Wrestling Bridge

Is there a difference between the bridge used in jiu-jitsu and the one taught in wrestling?

I've always thought the wrestlers bridge was a harder movement, where the goal is to bridge over the top of your head. In jiu-jitsu, it seems it's more of a movement anyone can do, kind of like shrimping. The bridget in bjj seems more like you're just lifting up and getting on your shoulder.

Is this assumption incorrect? In instructional videos, Saulo will say for example, 'I bump...' and it seems like he's just raising his hips and turning into the opponent. Is there a difference in the muscle groups used?

the pin ,no pin in bjj,so its the shoulder

"the pin ,no pin in bjj,so its the shoulder"

bridge
An arched position adopted by a wrestler, with his back above the mat, usually to avoid being pinned but sometimes as an "offensive move."

Brazilians would have no clue as to bridging if it weren't for wrestlers.

lol, you said Bridget.

The bridge is the same in both arts, IMO. The fundamental movement, that is. Its application differs between the arts, though.

the only difference i've seen is like someone said earlier.  in wrestling, you bridge so your shoulders are off the mat, resulting in your head being the point of contact on the ground.  that's fine for wrestilng.  in Bjj and other grappling sports where the pin is not as highly valued, you bridge onto the shoulder and avoid the pressure on your neck/head.  I'm assuming its safer that way.  I'm from a wrestling background and find that i don't bridge onto my head that often anymore.

cc

Wrestlers bridge primarily to avoid being pinned. They get their shoulders off the mat and bridge on their head.

BJJ guys bridge to escape a position by getting their hips off the ground. It important to free your hips. They bridge onto their shoulders because there is no danger of getting pinned.

In terms of escaping a bad position, you guys are only noticing the differences between a wrestler and BJJ guys bridge but the thing that is the same in both of them is that their hips are off the mat. It's all about hip movement.

I do bridging, wrestling style, to help strengthen my neck, which is a separate issue from the type of bridging required for escapes.

I also do foward bridging for my neck muscles.

Both exercises have helped me deal with the pressures place on my neck in rolling.

I believe we're forgetting that bridging is not wholly to avoid the pin but when used efficiently can produce a change in position for the better. Case in point, on occasions when finding myself in another grappler's side-control; they have my right side w or w/o head and arm. I snake my right arm under there right arm; bridge while simultaneously doing what appears to be an arm-spin allowing me to either come to my knees to their side attempting to cover the back or shuck frontward.