BJJ class for kids with developmental disabilities

My girlfriends som is an amazing boy, big heart, kind and good natured. He also has a developmental disability he’s going on 5 but is slightly about 18 months behind where he should be. If you saw him for a second you’d never know it. Handsome kid, already showing a six pack and tall. Real healthy kid physically. 

I worry about kids where he will be going to school soon. And with all his energy I’m looking for a place where he could get it out. Do they have BJJ classes (or any martial art) that caters to kids like him? 

I’m in the Boston area. But I’m curious to know if they have them anywhere. .. I know it might be to early, or maybe private classes are the answer?

thoughts? Any advice is appreciated

If you can't really tell he has a disability why not let him try out the normal kids classes?

I was gonna make a joke, but I read the post first…

Maybe 1 on 1 classes?

My family is in the exact same situation, I have a nephew that sounds very similar to your son.

I suggested my nephew go into wrestling for a few years before BJJ. But he has not started either yet but will very soon.

Good luck OP. Would love to know where you guys land.

Conor McGazelle - I was gonna make a joke, but I read the post first...

Maybe 1 on 1 classes?

Yup, stick that one in my back pocket. He’s 5 and got a six pack though? Must have some strength…