BJJ Face Protection

Does anyone know how they can prevent their face from getting gi burns or scratches?  I used to grapple with this gentleman who was a brown belt and constantly used what looked like a cold weather mask.  I didnt realize why he used it until now.  I am not afraid of getting bloodied up or getting scratched. Thing is, with my profession I cant look like I am getting in scraps.

It’s pretty rare in general. If you get a scrape on your face then put some anti bacterial cream on it and it’ll be brand new in the morning.

Or if you really want to be made fun of there are these masks that young wrestlers wear to stop them hurting their face.

Just cut eye holes in a maxi pad and stick it to your face

Are you serious? 

Keep you head up?

MaxHollowedMyAnus - It's pretty rare in general. If you get a scrape on your face then put some anti bacterial cream on it and it'll be brand new in the morning.

Or if you really want to be made fun of there are these masks that young wrestlers wear to stop them hurting their face.

I guess I’ll have to try some anti bacterial cream… It’s more about the appearance than dealing with a little hurt.

Mencken -

Just cut eye holes in a maxi pad and stick it to your face

Lol. I'll have to get the BBW size

stevekt -

Lol. I'm not trying to get raped.

1800champagne -

Are you serious? 

I am.

1800champagne -

Are you serious? 

I am.

PeoriaBJJ -

Keep you head up?

I will definitely consider your advice. Thank you

Tap quick to GI chokes and tell your instructor immediately that the other guy hurt you and you want him kicked out of the school asap.

What's your profession? Are you a male model? 

lildragonof - Tap quick to GI chokes and tell your instructor immediately that the other guy hurt you and you want him kicked out of the school asap.

This is not touch butt we are talking about

Shinsplint -

What's your profession? Are you a male model? 

No, I am a foot model. Like I said, I dont mind getting bruised up, but when I run meetings with my clients they just stare at me like I have been getting into fights.

It’s a genetic thing. 

My face marks up really easily.   Even when not coping a hiding.  Skin will sometimes just tear off and I’ll start bleeding when in a good scrap.  Especially on my ears. Strangely I’ve never had any issues with cauliflower ear.   Instead they bruise and bleed unlike most other people. 

I think I’m literally thin skinned. 

^ all I can suggest is do more no gi.   Even then you may get scraped up but nowhere near as bad. 

yeah i have to wear a helmet for all contact training because of a botched nose job now i have flaccidity and if it gets scratched or bruised it takes forever to heal. they make grappling headgear and you also can use a thai headgear

MASTERLUKEYS LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS ON FACEBOOK NEW PROFILE PIC

A post shared by #MASTERLUKEY (@lukecummo) on

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:42am PDT