BJJ Guard Instructionals

Rather than post this as a poll I had a few questions for all the guard players out there.

What is your favorite DVD series regarding the guard? (1/2, full, open, whatever)

Conversely what is your LEAST favorite DVD on the guard? (1/2, full, open, whatever)

Thanks in advance everyone

it never got much pub but I always liked guard dvd but out my Jose Esfiha.

Might try to track that one down. I have Andreh's and I love that one and the concepts are definitely worth every penny.

I really need to open my guard game up and build off it since my guard has gotten pretty stale.

andre's dvd is very good. not just saying that because he's one of us here.

andre also has one thing the other's don't. Albert.

Eddie Bravo's DVD set is good imo.

I like Gracie Combatives even though it's not all about the guard but its good stuff

Cobrinha's DVD, imo, in the most complete guard dvd there is.

So many good ones out there, Cobrinha, Caio Terra, all the Marcelo Garcia sets, Robson Moura has some great guard stuff. Phone Post

Who exactly IS this mythical figure Albert, aside from the guy with the sacrastic smirk on his face in Andreh's dvd? Phone Post

Ridgeback - Some good ones:

Andreh Anderson -  Sweep Like an Armenian Poker Champion

Mike Jen  -  Ultimate Guard 2 and 3 and 4 (half guard).

Stefan Kesting  -  His butterfly/X-guard set

Also, not a dvd, but lots of great guard stuff on MGinaction from Marcelo Garcia<br type="_moz" />

I just want you to know the search term, "andreh anderson - sweep like an armenian poker champion" just popped up on my BJJ blog.

I also agree with your recommendations, and would add the Cobrinha DVD to that, although it is pretty advanced.

Daniel/CGJJ - Who exactly IS this mythical figure Albert, aside from the guy with the sacrastic smirk on his face in Andreh's dvd?

what?!

just fucking lol. lol at you.

Robson has a great series (Fusion 1 and 2) and one his BB Jeff Mitchell just put out a very nice DVD.

Nogueira's and Cyborg's are the best guard DVDs I've seen by far. Phone Post

Another vote for Gracie Combatives. I really like the punch block series lessons and the various sweeps.

I also remember Sperry's Vale Tudo series having some good guard content in addition to epic commentary. ;)