BJJ guys acting tough is funny

Just finished this video on Gordon Ryan. I didn’t know much about him before, the guy is a wizard.

However, what struck me funny is BJJ guys acting tough. Gordon has a lot of pictures of himself mean mugging and looking tough.

BJJ guys are like chess players of martial arts. It’s like Gary Kasparov coming out and acting tough.

Like, what are you going to do? Hug me?

“Bro, I’m going to butt scoot so hard!”

BJJ guys are not scary at all, there is no threat of speed, ferocity and instant violence.

You want scary?

You know if you this guy went berserk he could launch your head into outer space.

6 Likes

Gordon would be able to kill 99 percent of the people on this forum.

32 Likes

Probably closer to 99.9 percent

27 Likes

Yea, by hugging them to death. But can he fly into your face with a knee like fucking Shao Kahn?

Can he end the match in mere seconds? What’s more scary, an arm bar or this:

5 Likes

Andre Galvão fought on mma plenty of times and Gordon smacked the shit out of him before Andre could even flinch.

6 Likes
4 Likes

OP’s in that 0,1%

4 Likes

Fixed for you.

5 Likes

all natural

4 Likes

Is this forum a good barometer for who’s tough? It’s mostly guys over 45 that are fat and sassy.

19 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

Are we back in the 1990’s? What nonsense are you talking?

10 Likes

Mijain throws Gordon on the pavement and KO’s him within 3 seconds of them body locking.

2 Likes

You don’t have to let go of the hold in a street fight…

4 Likes

Do you honestly think Gordan can move Mijain, or even prevent him from getting thrown on his back and getting his head cracked, leaking. Mijain would turn Gordan into Christopher Reeves, not Super Man, the one that had to eat and breate through a tube down his throat.

1 Like

Gordon would take one of his legs home. You act like he’s never dealt with high level Olympic grapplers. He trains with Satoshi Ishii regularly.

8 Likes

At the end of the day if any tough guy was legitimately trying to hurt me I’d just shoot or stab them

3 Likes

You guys are ridiculous. Mijain gets a double overhook suplex and its a wrap. Good luck with Gordon trying for a knee bar on concrete under the greatest SHW wrestler in the past 30 years. You guys have never felt pressure of an Olympic wrestler being on top of you, never the less one of the GOATS. And I’ll even not complain about Gordon being on more gear than the Top 5 Mr. Olympia qualifiers combined, while Mijain stays natural.

1 Like

Oh please, Judo aint shit compared to Greco-Roman…look what happened with Rulon Gardner vs Hidehiko Yoshida…after Rulon’s FIRST fight!

Horrible comparison if you are trying to make a valid point especially after Gordan already got Tech Failed against a College wrestler who was far from making the Olympics.

1 Like

To be fair he also tapped Bo(who I assume you’re talking about). But this argument is stupid lol

2 Likes