including adults and children

I am purchasing 40 first
but need to know which sizes are most in demand for adults and especially kids

A2

A2

A1, a2, 00, 0, 1 Phone Post 3.0

A2 k1 and k2 Phone Post 3.0

A2 is just more popular than A3.

Glad you are back in Charleston, Malachy! Can't wait for the Grand Opening of your new gym!

To your question, we have always found it most prudent to follow the "Bell Curve". Most will be right in the middle at A3. Slightly smaller amount +/- at A2 and A4 respectively. Then just a very few at A1 and A5.

While there will be variations, I think that is the best way to do it.

Chango

A1 and A2 K0 And K3

A2 and A3 for men

A1 for women

ChangoBravo - Glad you are back in Charleston, Malachy! Can't wait for the Grand Opening of your new gym!

To your question, we have always found it most prudent to follow the "Bell Curve". Most will be right in the middle at A3. Slightly smaller amount +/- at A2 and A4 respectively. Then just a very few at A1 and A5.

While there will be variations, I think that is the best way to do it.

Chango

I think that depends on location and student base.. A1 out sells A3 about 3 to 1 at our gym (San Diego).. With A1 and A2 being most popular.. Over the last couple of years we have been able to build up a good stock so we always have a size for someone.. We are also lucky that we can get reorders in about a day so if we have a run on a size we can get restocked quickly..

for kids what sizes on this chart?

everyone has their own size it seems

A2

A3 M1 Phone Post 3.0

I run a Canadian shop called The Gi Hive. I've been selling gis for about 3 years now.

I honestly order about half as A2. A1/A3 will be a toss up based on your gym. Big guy sizes you don't really need very often, but when a big guy comes through, you'll kick yourself for not having them. This probably has more to do with how easily/quickly you can re-order, and if each order has a minimum buy, or if that's just on your initial order.

I'd order something like this, with your order of 40:

A1 - 10
A2 - 16
A3 - 9
A4 - 4
A5 - 1

Also, it depends on the brand as well. A Fuji, for example, fits one size small. So I wear an A1 in almost every brand, and an A2 in Fuji, so you might want to factor that into the advice you're given. My advice above is based on a normal gi size.

A3 is by far the most popular at the gym that I manage. We have a lot of members here, but they're generally all kinda big. I can see A2 being most popular at other gyms. Phone Post 3.0

Cory Dee - I run a Canadian shop called The Gi Hive. I've been selling gis for about 3 years now.

I honestly order about half as A2. A1/A3 will be a toss up based on your gym. Big guy sizes you don't really need very often, but when a big guy comes through, you'll kick yourself for not having them. This probably has more to do with how easily/quickly you can re-order, and if each order has a minimum buy, or if that's just on your initial order.

A1 - 10
A2 - 16
A3 - 9
A4 - 4
A5 - 1
Could you do this with 40 kid Gi's?! I'm starting a kid's Gi program now and need to order Phone Post 3.0

Cory Dee - I run a Canadian shop called The Gi Hive. I've been selling gis for about 3 years now.

A1 - 10
A2 - 16
A3 - 9
A4 - 4
A5 - 1

thanks bro this is awesome!!

Ray Elbe - 
Cory Dee - I run a Canadian shop called The Gi Hive. I've been selling gis for about 3 years now.

A1 - 10
A2 - 16
A3 - 9
A4 - 4
A5 - 1
Could you do this with 40 kid Gi's?! I'm starting a kid's Gi program now and need to order Phone Post 3.0

That's tricky. Some gi companies gi an age bracket with their weights, and I'd factor that in. Some kids will be big/small for their age, but it's usually not far off. Like, if I recommend you sizing for 6 and 7 year olds, but your kids class is all 10-12 year olds, it's not really going to work. There's such a huge variation in kids that you don't really see in the adults.

Malachy Friedman - 
Cory Dee - I run a Canadian shop called The Gi Hive. I've been selling gis for about 3 years now.

A1 - 10
A2 - 16
A3 - 9
A4 - 4
A5 - 1

thanks bro this is awesome!!

Glad to help. Good luck with the program.