BJJ in Boston?

I'll be moving to Boston to start my phd in the fall and I'd like to keep training. My schedule will be hell for a couple years, so I'm hoping to find a school with either 1. on weekends, or 2. early in the mornings. I also enjoy no gi more than gi. 

If you guys have any suggestions on where to look I'd really appreciate it. 

Right now Boston BJJ looks like the best option. They have a lot of early morning no gi, and they're only a couple miles from my apartment in Brookline.

Always recommend NEU and Dedeco's schools

1 Like

I have traned UFC at Boston BJJ, very good experience. Pretty sure there’s a poster here who is a black belt who trains there full time. 

1 Like
Funaki Masakatsu #1 -

I have traned UFC at Boston BJJ, very good experience. Pretty sure there’s a poster here who is a black belt who trains there full time. 

The UFC Gym there? I have a hard time believing anyone would want to train at a UFC Gym full time if there were in a pretty saturated area for BJJ. This is unless the instructor at the UFC Gym is exceptional

Isn't there a dude on here who gave the Miyaos a good run? Older guy, pretty sure he was out of Boston....thats where id go

1 Like
mideastgrappler -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 -

The UFC Gym there? I have a hard time believing anyone would want to train at a UFC Gym full time if there were in a pretty saturated area for BJJ. This is unless the instructor at the UFC Gym is exceptional

He was saying he trained there haha. Training = Traneing UFC. 

The ufc gym is in the financial district and has good coaches and a good competition record. Different gym, but also looked good on paper. I think their head coach is Rob McCullough (former WEC Champ) 

Boston BJJ is where Florian started if I did my research correctly. Like I think that's where his old professor teaches. 

If distance and time weren't issues I'd just drive out to Bernardo Faria 

The Closed Guard -

Isn't there a dude on here who gave the Miyaos a good run? Older guy, pretty sure he was out of Boston....thats where id go

I didnt know about that. But I'll go check it out if anyone knows the gym

There is a lot in your area. You have some good options, depending on your schedule

Florians in Brookline

Mass BJJ in Brighton

Wai KRu in Allston

Gracie Barra on Comm Ave

Kimura in Watertown

Florians in Brookline

Kimura in Watertown

Mass BJJ in Brighton

Gracie Barra on Comm Ave

Wai Kru

1 Like
T?bikan J?dan -
The Closed Guard -

I wish I could remember his username

Ginsburgs in Cambridge is worth looking at

1 Like

Don't go to wai kru

Kimura makes u buy their gi

2 Likes
meatballcheeze -

Don't go to wai kru

Kimura makes u buy their gi

Why not Wai Kru? 

And I'm probably going to have limited time to train, so I'd rather spend it doing no gi

Bill Mahoney - Ginsburgs in Cambridge is worth looking at

thanks for the recommendation! I'll take a look

The Closed Guard -
T?bikan J?dan -
The Closed Guard -

I think it's Meatgrinder and  he trains at Boston BJJ , not 100% sure

2 Likes
joemasepoes -
The Closed Guard -
T?bikan J?dan -
The Closed Guard -

Meatgrinder is the guy!!! He still post here??

Ginsburg > Boston BJJ

joemasepoes -
The Closed Guard -
T?bikan J?dan -
The Closed Guard -

Didn't Florian get his bb at Boston BJJ as well?

Yes he did , I have seen photo's of some of their training / gradings with about 20 black belts on the mat , I have never been there but I once met one of their black belts when he visited at my gym and he was a really nice guy , very humble and friendly to everyone ,

1 Like

I would look into Mass BJJ, they have three locations. Great school and people. 

Broadway BJJ is another good school to go to. Tough training there.

There is a lot of good schools in the Boston area.

1 Like