bjj in kelowna and okanagan?

im going to be staying in kelowna for a month on business in the next week or so and am looking for somewhere to train some bjj both with and without the gi. due to some previous injuries and getting older im looking to do more private lessons than just regular classes if they are available. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

If you're looking for BJJ with the Gi, you can't go wrong with either Sterling (DSIL on here) who is a Gracie-Barra affiliate or Tony (Crazy Tony on here) who is a Soares affiliate.

If you're looking for more of a no-gi/MMA environment feel free to check us out at Toshido Fighting Arts (www.toshido.ca)

I do both but I'm also an hour or so away (North in the sticks, lol!).

Good luck.

Mario

We are located in Vernon 45 min away and are a Miletich Fighting Systems school.We have a BJJ Blackbelt ( privates available ) and are doing no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu un till Sept , then both gi/no-gi. With what is offered in Kelowna and the length of your stay you pretty much set their. I would suggest a day trip to Penticton and us in Vernon just to expose yourself to a few different people, but you got a few good schools right in Kelowna.

Les Dickens

Miletich Fighting Systems , Vernon BC

250 275-4796

Alliance Martial Arts & Self Defense located at 2905-A 43rd avenue in Vernon (above Napa Auto Parts)offers BJJ and NO-Gi we are a Behring International Affiliate (Franco/Behring Jiu-Jitsu)

Monday/Wednesday 8:30-10:00pm and Friday 9-10:30pm open mat on Saturdays and Sundays and Privates are available for a great price.

With the choices you have you should be doing fine! if your up for a road trip give us a call and come out for a visit 1-877-666-AMS1

Jason St-Louis

thanks for all the replies. looks like i have lots of options.

Les Dickens if you dont mind my asking whos the black belt teaching at your school. i was told by a friend that their are no bjj black belts outside of vancouver.

Thanks again everyone.

hmmmmmmmm.

"no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu un till Sept , then both gi/no-gi"

i thought evolutiongrounds hated the pyjamas????

Dave Phillips is our BJJ black belt
feel free to give us a call at 250 275-4796 , you can train at our club for free if you are only here one month , privates are available with Dave.I would say if your up for a road trip visit Penticton great drive and take a drive to Vernon but in reality you are covered in Kelowna.

"nogionly"
MFS, Proving Grounds Combat Club
will be offering both "gi" and "nogi" with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Blackbelt we are comfortable teaching both.

I personally hate the "pyjamas" LOL but we as a club offer both in Sept, drop by and take a class with a blackbelt, we can have a "pyjama party"

best wishes

Tony AKA "Crazy" Tony would be an excellent choice. Awesome technique, extensive experience and a great teacher on an established team- TEAM SOARES. Tony is a giving coach with a friendly attitude, so I am sure that you will be satisfied with the service provided.

SAM

Does Tony teach any No-gi?

Toshido submission fighting @ www.toshido.ca

Great club with an excellent fight team.