BJJ in Manchester Connecticut

Looking for a place to train in Manchester ct. area. Im here for work mon-fri. I'm a blue under renzo. Just starting training again after a ten year layoff. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Manchester but Royce Gracie MMA has gyms everywhere. I attend class in east Windsor on Mondays and open mat on Saturdays in west Hartford. Check it out for sure! Phone Post

http://gracie-jiu-jitsu.com/ Phone Post

About 20 minutes away in East Longmeadow, MA is Gladiator BJJ.

gabrielgladiator.com

Ask Dana. He grew up in Manchester, CT.

I understand the gracie jj spot in west hartford is a good place to train.

FWIW, spend as little time as you can in manchester itself.  that place sucks beyond all.

It all depends on how far you want to travel as well. CT actually has a lot of options as far as gyms. Look them up, but I can only comment on Royce's. Also team Link has a gym in Enfield,Ct now Phone Post

Here you go:

http://www.manchesterbjj.com/

Pedro Sauer affiliate-Good guys there. Rob is a brown belt, I think.

If you want to drive a little bit, I'd recommend Jay Bell's (black belt) place in West Hartford:

http://bjj.teamplusone.com/

There's also the Royce Gracie affiliate in West Hartford run by Jim Hughes (black belt) if that's what you're into.

I'm not affiliated with any of these gyms, but have a lot of friends at those places.

-Greg

www.nemmafitness.com

Best place I have ever trained at.

There are a number of options available to you but the most convenient would likely be Manchester Brazilian Jiu-jitsu run by a friend of mine named Rob Magao (great guy and excellent jiujitsu player). If you are willing to drive a bit here are a few other options with my comments:

West Hartford:
? Underdog BJJ – Run by Fabiano Teles who is an excellent BB and has some solid guys
? NEMMA – Run by Brian Olsen. Haven’t trained with him but have heard good things and he fought quite a bit in the WEC back in the day and did very well. Believe he comes from a wrestling background and has a jiujitsu affiliation with team link?
? Royce Gracie affiliate – Can’t really recommend this one anymore though I do have some friends there (I trained there for a long time, i.e. I’m biased, but there have been significant changes in the talent level and the overall way it is run. Still a few great guys though)
? Plus One – As I run the BJJ program there I’m obviously biased but we have a pretty large program with a bunch of solid guys. If you want an idea of my teaching style you can check it out here www.youtube.com/jbelljitsu

Agawam:
? Gracie Agawam – Run by Jim Harpe who is a close friend and excellent Martial artist. 4stripe brown under Royce and has won the worlds for his age/weight at both purple and brown. I love these guys

East Windsor:
? Run by Paul who is a purple under Royce and he is a good guy and excellent instructor

Springfield:
? Team link is out there and they have an excellent reputation (I’d check them out if you get a chance

Further out:
? Ton of places if you want to head to the southern part of the state but my favorites are Gracie Sports (which is run by the highest ranking guy in the state, Marcio Stambosky 7th degree BB under Rolls Gracie) and Marco Delima’s school in Danbury. Marco is a beast of a competitor and got his black from Marcus Aurelio

There’s more and I’m sure I’ve missed a few good ones but most places you will find pretty good instruction as CT has grown a ton with regards to BJJ over the last several years.

Train safe,

Jay

You're welcome down here in Middletown.

We have BJJ, plus a whole bunch of other fun stuff.  www.ModernSelfDefense.com

can't believe I left out Chris at Modern Self Defense. Sorry Chris.... He's been around for ages and I've never heard a bad thing about him.

Also Rick Torres runs the Hartford Dojo which is affiliated under Rorion and his sons. He is another great guy.

Roger Denton and his guys down in the southern part of the state have a crazy solid team.

I'm sure I'm still missing a few as well

No worries, my man.  I hear great things about you too. 

And Rick Torres is FREAKIN COOL.  Ask him about the cafe in the Cincinatti airport that owes us each a breakfast burrito... LOL

Underdog BJJ is a Pitbull/Gracie Barra affiliate which means that it's a very similar style and feel as Renzo's BJJ ( also a Gracie Barra ) . Fabiano Teles is a Black Belt under Adilson Lima aka "Bitta" . Bitta and Renzo are both former roomates and training partners . Fabiano is Extremely talented and delivers the goods . Tell them Chris sent you

are you training chris?

i mean gilgamesh chris not twinkletoes chris LOL

bye the way if anyone gets to roll with either one of these guys you will learn a great deal

Thanks for the mention Jay.

Chris, we gotta go back there and get a free burrito or a refund...LOL!!

Next time we'll call a week ahead, and there won't be any problems :)

Gilgameshfighter - Underdog BJJ is a Pitbull/Gracie Barra affiliate which means that it's a very similar style and feel as Renzo's BJJ ( also a Gracie Barra ) . Fabiano Teles is a Black Belt under Adilson Lima aka "Bitta" . Bitta and Renzo are both former roomates and training partners . Fabiano is Extremely talented and delivers the goods . Tell them Chris sent you

what up chris it is justin from PSDTC? You ever talk to Ron any more? You still training? How is Kwame doing?

Rick T, can you email your schedule? arnis7@hotmail.com . I live in Wethersfield and I want to start doing some bjj again. I have a really bad back so I can't go crazy but don't want to lose everything I learned over the years.