BJJ in Sacramento

Hey guys, I recently moved to Sacramento for work and I want to take up BJJ again. What are some of the good schools here and what are the prices?

I also prefer no-gi.

Thanks, appreciated!

there's this small place you might not have heard of called Ultimate Fitness. They're just growing and have some "decent" guys there. You might want to check it out.

Look up cia paulistas Phone Post

thanks

What are you looking for? Competition, self defense, recreation? If you trained before, what did you like about the place? And very important, where you at within the Sacramento Metro area, it's not huge but a nice 1-2 hour drive from side to side in traffic for sure.

Depends on what part of Sac you're in. A lot of good schools, I'd pick the one that's closest to you and see if it's a good fit first.

Google is king, use it.

From another thread:

Waza Jiu-Jitsu: Cool school run by Cassio Werneck's first American black belt Derek Dimanno. Derek is a real cool guy with a solid wrestling background too.
Waza: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu BJJ school - serving Sacramento, Greenhaven, Pocket, Elk Grove, Laguna, Galt

Yemaso BJJ/Capital City BJJ: Marcos is another guy who got his black from Cassio, though now affiliates with Lloyd Irvin. Tough competition centric school.
BJJ, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Judo Sacramento, Elk Grove, Laguna, Davis and Woodland

South Sac BJJ: Terry Maxwell is yet another Cassio Werneck black belt. Runs his school with his son Davin, who is a very good purple belt competitor.
SSJJA Index

Ultimate Fitness/Fabio Prado: Now, downtown there is only one place to train, and that would be with Fabio Prado at Ultimate Fitness. Never trained with Fabio, but the few times I met him he seemed like a super cool guy.
Urijah Faber's Ultimate Fitness: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Kickboxing, Boxing - Sacramento, CA

Bruddas Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: A Charles Gracie Affiliate school in the east part of Sacramento. Mario is a cool guy, and been teaching here in Sacramento since before I moved here started training out of Rickson's garage way back in the day. Also trained with Carly Gracie out of SF before BJJ was popular. When I first moved to Sac it was between Mario's school and Dave Terry's school. I checked them both out and definitely preferred Bruddas, but then found free training with a Cassio purple belt at Sac State (no longer in operation).
Bruddas Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Mario Cerezo

Cassio Werneck: Now we have Cassio's home school. This is where I train, and IMO it is the best place to train in Sacramento.
Sacramento BJJ – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy – Serving Sacramento, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, Carmichael, Roseville, and Folsom, Jiu-Jitsu Training

Sacramento Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy: Dave Terry got his black belt from Rickson Gracie, though his school is no longer an affiliate.
"The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy of Sacramento"

Goundworks: I personally don't know much about this school, and I couldn't find it's official web page anymore. I know this is another Rickson Gracie Black belt, and was, the last time I checked, still affiliated with Rickson Gracie.
Scott Goundworks (Scott) on Myspace

i live in sac and have a buddy that trains at ultimate fitness.. he pays $150/ month.. is that pretty standard?

Ultimate Fitness no doubt Phone Post

You can find a place that starts at about 90 a month.