BJJ in the Prison...

I was always curious about this. I'm sure in Brazil it happens, but does anyone have a real story about someone using the art to keep dudes off his ass or something? Armbaring a member of the Aryan brotherhood or heel hooking a member of the nation?

Choke, Im sure you could but i am also sure that 'prison rules' would probably apply in a prison fight so....

ummmm... you're better off learning how to use bladed weapons and defend against them. either that, or cauterize your asshole shut down to about the size of a half a dime. sure, shitting will be difficult, but your pooper won't get violated.

Let's pretend I've only been arrested in the great country of Mexico. And although they probably have "prison rules", they were in Spanish and made no sense to me.

I dont study BJJ, but I do grapple and have used my skills in jail (I'm a Deputy, not a crook btw).

My best story is when I saw a pretty big inmate rush one of my fellow Deputies. He slammed into my coworker, and they both fell to the ground.

I ran up, snatched the crook's leg, and put on the ankle lock. My adrenaline was pumping pretty good, so I probably put more into it than I needed to. Honest to God, I felt the ankle "pop" in my hands.

The inmate started screaming and was begging me to let go of his leg. I told him to put his hands behind his back and then other Deputies who'd since responded put cuffs on him.

I worked in "the hole" about a week later, and he was in there... complete with a soft cast and crutches. He said something like "Man, that was fucked up how you did my ankle". I told him "you shouldn't have been fucking around bro." He shrugged his shoulders and said "Yeah, I know. It's cool."

The best thing was that the day after I did it, I was working in the dinning room, with our Maximum Security inmates. I noticed that a group of guys was looking at me funny and talking amongst each other. So I said "What's up?"

One of them said "Where'd you learn them Kurt Angle ankle locks?" I started laughing and said "What are you talking about?" They were like "Come on man... we heard you had that brother screaming like a bitch last night. They said if you get in a fight and he (me) comes up, you better pull them legs in or quit fuckin around."

I just smiled and said something like "Well... you cant believe everything you hear."

The reputation that you can handle yourself helps keep the inmates respectfull most of the time, but occassionally you get someone who refuses to believe it without seeing for himself.

I've got a good story about former multi-time, national super heavyweight Judo champion Jim Bacon's run in with one of the most notorious inmates in the state. I'll tell it later if anyone's interested.

Yes, post it. The first story was awesome!

Yeah. Post!

Please post the story. It's been a while since we've had prison stories.

Very interested......

Please tell....

MEXICO JAIL IS ALL ABOUT THE HAND TO HAND THERES NOT THAT MANY SHANKINS. BUT US. PRISONS ARE THE WORST. i DID SOME FED TIME AND THE ONLY TIME I EVER USED BJJ WAS FIGHTING SOMEONE WHO PULLED OUT HEAT WHEN HE STARTED GETTIN POUNDED FROM THE MOUNT AND THIS IS SOMETHING I DON'T RECOMIND. FIRST WHEN i STAPPED IT ON HE BIT BE FROM THE PAIN. TWO I BROKE HES ARM FROM THE PAIN OF THE BIGHT. THREE IF HE TOLD THE CO WHAT HAPPENED I WOULD HAVE GOT 5 MORE YEARS. SO IF YOUR EVER STUIPED ENUFF TO GO TO PRISON OR JAIL KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN, YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND DO YOUR TIME.

P.S. THAT RAPE SHIT IS JUST IN THE MOVIES OR IF YOU LIKE TO TUCH LITTLE KIDS.

MORE!

OK, first a little about the inmate. His name is Marvin Gray. Picture Tank Abbott, but bigger. He's about 340lbs, maybe 6'4", and psycho as they get.

He says he was a hitman for the Hell's Angels for many years, and has killed many people... including other inmates.

He admits to killing 24 people, but has only been convicted for 8 of them thus far. "It's your job to figure out who the rest were." is his theory.

Anyways, he's serving multiple life sentences, but when some detective ties him to some long unsolved case, he's brought down to be questioned, and to be charged with the crime.

Another inmate, who was a big, mean dude himself, told me "Marvin had this routine at Canyon. He'd go to the yard, squat 1000lbs for reps, deadlift about 1200lbs, bench over 500lbs, rape some young guy, take a shower, then take a nap. He wouldn't rape punks either. He'd walk up to them motherfuckers who thought they was bad, beat they ass, then fuck them in the shower."

Anyways, he's in a holding cell for another murder trial. Jim is working in that area. Marvin knocks on the door and asks for some paper and pencil to take notes with. Since they are legally entitled to these items, Jim gets them for him. He's in a cell with a solid door with a safety glass window and no flap, so Jim has to open the cell.

Marvin is handcuffed, but his wrists are so big, that we use leg irons, shortened with a set of cuffs, instead.

Marvin snaps the cuffs chain and lunges at Jim, catching him off guard, and knocks him back a good six feet or so. Jim is about 6'2" 270lbs, and a world class judoka, so this was no easy task.

Jim quickly got his balance back and locked up with Marvin. He swept his foot up, grabs the leg, and then ran Marvin back into the rear wall of his cell... hard! Then he hops out and they close the cell door.

Marvin sat sharpening the broken leg iron into a shank for awhile after that. He later said that he was trying to get a weapon from one of the Deputies in the holding area. His plan was to either escape or die trying.

The next day, Marvin taps on the door when Jim walked in and motioned him over. He said "Man... I cant even remember the last time anyone was able to push me backwards. I got respect for you. You're alright by me man."

Had that been anyone else in my dept (and probably) any other dept in the world as well) someone would've died that day.

ttt thanks for the story.

ttt for Chadk.

Thanks for the story.

People make a mistake telling their children that there are no monsters in this world.

Scary.

TTT

Yeah, some people just need to be locked up and away.

Glad you guys enjoyed the stories. I've been fortunate that I've worked with some bad dudes, and have got to witness some amazing (and occassionally hilarious) shit.

We've got this other guy who was a 6 time Soviet National Boxing Champion. He's close to 50, about 5'6", and maybe 150lbs soaking wet.

However, he still gets up every morning, runs 5 miles, does sets of pushups & situps, and hits the bags for about 10 rounds.

One day he's talking to this big inmate, with an even bigger attitude. They were in a hallway and this guy has his back to the wall, because other inmates are around.

Well this idiot (smart crooks dont get caught) decided to shove this guys face, which caused him to bang his head into the wall behind him.

I started towards him, but before I got two steps in my coworker drops a perfect right hand to this dumbass inmate's chin.

I got there in time to help roll his unconscious ass over to cuff him up. His eyes were open, but glazed over. (You boxing fans know the look I'm talking about)

"Dat sunnova beetch! I'm gonna have beeg bump on my head now!" Lol.

All the other inmates were extremely respectfull to him after that. "That old guy is a bad motherfucker boy!"

Old fighters get old for a reason.

Chad -

Can you use anything on inmates without repercussions?