BJJ Match is not a Fight...

I'm sick an tired of hearing BJJ nerds referring to grappling matches as a "Fight." It is not a fight. I dont know how else to get through your stupid little heads. Most BJJ guys are too afraid to ever put on gloves yet they have no humility in saying their "fight" is coming up soon.

BJJ Nerd: "Im training for my fight coming up..."
Me:"Oh, do you fight MMA or Box? Where's your fight at?"
BJJ Nerd: "Oh no, I am fighting in ____ submission tournament"

Boxing=Fight, MMA=Fight, Jiu Jitsu= Match.

If you little pussies want to say you have a fight coming up, man up and take off the pajamas. Im tired of hearing you say Fight coming up or that you had a Fight. Youre not getting punched in the head... therefore, no fight.

kthxbye

Boxing and Jiu Jitsu = matches

i agree its not a fight neither is boxing

its really just semantics.....i dont really see any need to get bend out of shape over it....

Some of the TOP bjjers in the world refer to their matches as fights (i know for sure you wouldnt take that tone with them when bringing up your point.)

have some tact when stating an opinion please. ;-)

Oh, is it time for this stupid thread again?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fight

n.

1. A confrontation between opposing groups in which each attempts to harm or gain power over the other, as with bodily force or weapons.
2. A quarrel or conflict.
1. A physical conflict between two or more individuals.
2. Sports A boxing or wrestling match.

its a form of fighting but I completely understand not wanting to call it a "fight"

I don't care either way about BJJ guys calling their matches a "fight"

But to say that Boxing is not a fight is just retarded.

A BJJ tournement can easily be referred to as a fight. I am an MMA competitor and a BJJ competitor. I refer to any of my competitions as fights. I count them all on my record too. A BJJ match is a fight in the sense that you have to dig deep and compete to win against several different skilled opponents. A BJJ match is a fight! It even prepares you for real life street altercations.

/end thread

agreed with op..minus the hate

i dont call wrestling a fight, i call it wrestling
same goes for bjj

people should just start saying "i got a human chess match saturday at __________ grappling tourny"

imo, if your not risking getting knocked out or at least getting punched in the face..its not really a fight..as in hand to hand combat

bjj is ass to mouth combat, basically

marcovia -  its really just semantics.....i dont really see any need to get bend out of shape over it....

Some of the TOP bjjers in the world refer to their matches as fights (i know for sure you wouldnt take that tone with them when bringing up your point.)

have some tact when stating an opinion please. ;-)

You sound like a BJJ nerd who just got offended because his matches aren't fights. MMA FIGHTS... BJJ Matches. Im sure I would take this tone with them and I have done so before. Most of the time they don't understand because they speak portuguese but I have told them its a match not a fight.

I was at Worlds and I overheard Cobrinha say "Im fighting Mendes.." and I said "Match." and he just looked at me funny.

phenompromos - A BJJ tournement can easily be referred to as a fight. I am an MMA competitor and a BJJ competitor. I refer to any of my competitions as fights. I count them all on my record too. A BJJ match is a fight in the sense that you have to dig deep and compete to win against several different skilled opponents. A BJJ match is a fight! It even prepares you for real life street altercations.

/end thread

LMAO @ counting a BJJ match as a fight and putting it on your record. Self pwnage right there...

Well, i had some nice fights in wrestling... With headbutts and similar things.

But i agree with topic starter.

im sick and tired of seeing this thread every 2 weeks since ive been here.

the trolling is strong with this one.....

bulletmagnet - 
phenompromos - A BJJ tournement can easily be referred to as a fight. I am an MMA competitor and a BJJ competitor. I refer to any of my competitions as fights. I count them all on my record too. A BJJ match is a fight in the sense that you have to dig deep and compete to win against several different skilled opponents. A BJJ match is a fight! It even prepares you for real life street altercations.

/end thread

LMAO @ counting a BJJ match as a fight and putting it on your record. Self pwnage right there...

Self pwnage? what weight class do you fight in? I bet i could beat yer ass.

Baroquen Record - im sick and tired of seeing this thread every 2 weeks since ive been here.

Feel free to pick up your lunch box and move right along little miss daisy. nobody made you click this thread. Im sick of you little nerds saying fight. once you guys stop writing and saying fight i will stop making this thread. kthxdie

phenompromos - 
bulletmagnet - 

/end thread

HW but Im sure I could lose some weight and fight in your little flyweight division... trust me dude, you dont want to call me out.. if you are putting bjj matches on your mma record you are a clown and dont belong in the same ring as me. save yourself some embarrassment and dicktuck your way out of this. kthxbye.

bulletmagnet - 
phenompromos - 
bulletmagnet - 

/end thread

Ill fight your ass in the absolute division. When is your next BJJ fight?

HW but Im sure I could lose some weight and fight in your little flyweight division... trust me dude, you dont want to call me out.. if you are putting bjj matches on your mma record you are a clown and dont belong in the same ring as me. save yourself some embarrassment and dicktuck your way out of this. kthxbye.

Ill fight your ass in the absolute division. When is your next BJJ fight?

what about kyokoshin (sp?) karate? is that a fight?

what about combat sambo, is that a fight?

pankration?

starcraft: brood war?