BJJ Match is not a Fight...

B OXING is a FIGHT its also harder and takes more balls than MMA .

You just take WAAAY more shots to the dome training for a fight and in the fiught than you do in mma.

BJJ LOL pajama top rules no striking=Not a fight

mestregruber - Oh, is it time for this stupid thread again?

Fight:

Not a fight:

(yea I know it's not that's a pic of a demonstration, but that's basically a bjj match.  Maybe if it was real, they'd be sweating more...ooooh sweat!)

Semantics/

Has it been a year already?

Phenompromos: Do you really count your BJJ matches on your mma record? What is that record?

I know bullet says he is hw, well I'm a lightweight but walk around around 175....I'll fight you, by fight are we really going to fight or are we just going to grapple and say we fought?

i agree boxing is just as or more greuling as MMA .Much more than BJJ.Its also been called fight for years so i dont have a problem calling it a fight But its no more a fight than a BJJ match.In most cases I would favor the winner of say the Mundials in a MMA fight against a champion boxer at the same weight

anyone notice how the trolls always claim to be heavyweights POst ur pic

elgringo - what about kyokoshin (sp?) karate? is that a fight? what about combat sambo, is that a fight? pankration? starcraft: brood war?
starcraft is a battle not a fight

"(i know for sure you wouldnt take that tone with them when bringing up your point.)"

or what?

People who don't compete in any sort of combat sport should learn to shut the hell up.

The OP is a troll he isnt a fighter. Maybe fights his way out of his homeboys rectum but thats about it.

FondledbyFisher - Fight:

Not a fight:

(yea I know it's not that's a pic of a demonstration, but that's basically a bjj match.  Maybe if it was real, they'd be sweating more...ooooh sweat!)

LOL!

Obiewon -  Phenompromos: Do you really count your BJJ matches on your mma record? What is that record?

I know bullet says he is hw, well I'm a lightweight but walk around around 175....I'll fight you, by fight are we really going to fight or are we just going to grapple and say we fought?

I just said a BJJ match is a fight. Aren't you paying attention? My fighting record is balanced on both sides, mostly in part to my BJJ wins. What region are you in? I suggest me, you and bullet all enter an absolute division somewhere and fight there. Then we can all see who the best fighter is. I prefer to fight in gi tournaments btw. Try to keep that in mind. Thanks

sharp1 - if bjj is not a fight than boxing is definitely not a fight

a pure boxer would lose to a pure bjj guy in a real fight, so.....

I disagree. What do you mean by "real fight"??

People think that just because Royce walked through a bunch of tough man contest winners that anybody with a good double leg is just going to stroll up and take the fight to the ground without any consequence.

At best I'd say it's even money. What happens if the boxer lands a hard straight right directly on the bridge of the nose against a sport grappler that's never really been hit. Do you think he's just going to shake his head and go "oh man I got hit, that sucks" and continue forward with his attack? Or do you think the initial shock of getting blasted in the nose and seeing stars might open him up for a combination that's going to flatten him?? Any sport grappler that enters MMA has to train some stand up if nothing more then for learning how to react when getting hit.

If I had to take a Golden Gloves boxer who's never trained a day of grappling in his life against a Mundials champion who's never taken or thrown a real punch in his life in a REAL FIGHT I'm taking the boxer every time.

saying 'kthanxbye' is way worse than calling a bjj match a fight.
Shall I start a thread about it?...no I didn't think so

16-10HangEmUp - 
sharp1 - if bjj is not a fight than boxing is definitely not a fight

a pure boxer would lose to a pure bjj guy in a real fight, so.....

I disagree. What do you mean by "real fight"??

People think that just because Royce walked through a bunch of tough man contest winners that anybody with a good double leg is just going to stroll up and take the fight to the ground without any consequence.

At best I'd say it's even money. What happens if the boxer lands a hard straight right directly on the bridge of the nose against a sport grappler that's never really been hit. Do you think he's just going to shake his head and go "oh man I got hit, that sucks" and continue forward with his attack? Or do you think the initial shock of getting blasted in the nose and seeing stars might open him up for a combination that's going to flatten him?? Any sport grappler that enters MMA has to train some stand up if nothing more then for learning how to react when getting hit.

If I had to take a Golden Gloves boxer who's never trained a day of grappling in his life against a Mundials champion who's never taken or thrown a real punch in his life in a REAL FIGHT I'm taking the boxer every time.

Are you crazy? That's a classic striker vs grappler match up. You would pick a boxer? He wouldn't be able to defend the takedown. I'm not saying the boxer couldn't win...I'm just saying that discounting the grappler is pretty much the height of ignorance.

bulletmagnet - 
marcovia -  its really just semantics.....i dont really see any need to get bend out of shape over it....

Some of the TOP bjjers in the world refer to their matches as fights (i know for sure you wouldnt take that tone with them when bringing up your point.)

have some tact when stating an opinion please. ;-)

You sound like a BJJ nerd who just got offended because his matches aren't fights. MMA FIGHTS... BJJ Matches. Im sure I would take this tone with them and I have done so before. Most of the time they don't understand because they speak portuguese but I have told them its a match not a fight.

I was at Worlds and I overheard Cobrinha say "Im fighting Mendes.." and I said "Match." and he just looked at me funny.

I'm calling shenanigans on that,admit it you didn't say shit, You thought of it but in the end you tucked your weiner between your legs.

FondledbyFisher - Fight:

Not a fight:

LMAO!!!