BJJ @ Metro Fight Club - Feb 10th

Cool, Carlo, see ya then!

ttt

Wow,

Very classy of Gomez.

I know that drama happens, sometimes people say things offhandedly, or do something that they think is the best for them and a lot of people end up fucked up over it. and then prides and ego's get in the way, usually.

But still, it takes a big man to admit they were wrong.

With no affiliation, where will you pick up new techniques? Any plans to hook up with any black belts in order to continue promotions and pick up new techniques? Just curious how this will work. I don't doubt Quinn's technique or ability, just wondering where the black belt is.

DAVE-thank you:o) you are a great teacher!! and that is undisputed!!

jake- your right!

armlock-there are bbb's that come threw metro...also i may find one to become associated with....probably the ones already comming threw the metro tho...

so we will have access to all aspects of the fighting arts...

Thanks for the Info Quinn. Good luck to everyone there!

I think Quinn is a perfect fit for Metro, and will do an outstanding job.

Quinn has trained with and supported such famous instructors as: Royce Gracie, Rolker Gracie, Caique, Xande Ribeiro and Saulo Ribeiro. He also has a heavy Relson Gracie influence passed down by me in his early training.

Quinn has been successful in all three major areas: Gi, no-gi, and undefeated in mma.

Dave

Yeah!

Karma has been good to the Metro in sending Quinn our way for sure. I feel the possibility exists for Quinn to develop a large bjj membership at the Metro because of his abilities, pedigree and the location of the club. The heartfelt testimonials about Quinn say it all.

The Metro is not a fancy place but it has a great feel to it, sorta like the blending of a traditional Asian dojo with an American boxing gym appearance. Fabricio Werdum and Marcio Corleta really dig the atmosphere. Quincy and the MFC are affiliated with U of M bjj and Behring JiuJitsu and have a close relationship with Prof. Behring, Marcio and Fabricio.

Sundays open mat at 1 p.m. is a good time to check it out. Anyone is welcome to roll with us.

Fabricio Werdum and Marcio Corleta = Badasses.

We have affiliation with Behring JJ. I am ranked under Marcio Corleta, as are some of the other droogs.All of them learn from me and I teach them our method and the Behring method that I have been taught thus far.. When Marcio is up here in march we will be trying to set MFC up as an Official Behring affiliate. Quinn will be the full time BJJ instructor with Marcio overseeing promotion and bringing us new techniques and strategies from Brazil..

Right now, Quinn's rank is backed by Dave Gomez and is 100% legit, and he brings a great style of JJ to MFC because Dave Gomez's (and thus Quinn's as well) style is much like Behring JJ in that it is suited for crosstraining. It is not strictly sport based, it is strongly rooted in vale tudo and self defense.It's open-ness to new ideas, techniques, stylistic influences, etc are key to what we are trying to create.

We have had our choice of people we could have had running BJJ classes here, we made a decision based on the style of BJJ and on the beliefs of the person teaching. To be affiliated with MFC you have to have an open mind to everything, no "this style is better" thoughts. You also have to be able to relate to the troubled people of the world..MFC has and always will be a place that us fuck ups come to better ourselves.

Over the last couple days there have been some e-mails circulating about drug abuse, criminals,etc and the fact that this stops people from training somewhere..Personally, I see this as bullshit. It is these types that need the martial arts the most. It is these types that benefit the most from the training..To exclude them is to go against the entire philosophy the martial arts (such as judo) are based on..To exclude them or to label them as below us only gaurantees they stay there..To those behind those e-mails, think about that!!.You are not better than anyone else, your problems just lie in a different area..Hop off the high horse and help people...In the end, the whole goal of MFC (and the martial arts) is to give people a place to better themselves mentally and physicly through the training. To change guys from degenerate to someone who brings something positive to the world.. There isnt a better place to find yourself than in a fight, than on the mat, and in the dealings with your droogs..

As musashi so eloquently said,

"The way is in the training itself"

TTT

Quincy that is hands down the best post I have ever read.I agree 100%

"To exclude them or to label them as below us only gaurantees they stay there..To those behind those e-mails, think about that!!.You are not better than anyone else, your problems just lie in a different area."

wow, i've not seen any posts nor know anything about any emails circulating, but this is a very intuitive thing to say. i've been reading quincy's posts for a long time on these forums and nothing he has ever said could be more correct than what he said above.

ttt

Ok. I'm sold. I recently accepted a transfer to the Detroit metro area (helps my career out even though it's cold as hell up there -- ah, the sacrifices one makes to climb the ladder!).

To be honest, I was totally put off by all the drama I've read here on the UG regarding the Detroit Jiu Jitsu scene.

I was also worried about high-level jiu jitsu training as over the last 4 years I've been lucky enough to train directly under some top-notch black belts - although you wouldn't know it by watching me roll!

Anyway, after reading all of this I feel better about continuing my training when I get there, and I look forward to studying with some of you.

iterry: Yeah, there is a lot of fucking drama up here, but it's because everyone who trains up here is passionate about their training and their schools.

No matter where you go, there is drama. Being in the Detroit crew, you will learn fast that Detroiters don't give a damn and will speak their mind in a heart beat! LOL!

Alot of it also has to do with the fact that most all the fighting clubs up here .... eventhough we are all rivial schools ... were still all friends and many times you will find us hanging out at bars or parties together or over each others houses for UFC parties and so forth. So everyone knows all the inside stuff about everyone. It's a Detroit Family thing! lol.

TTT for Quinn's new thang!

Yeah despite the drama and differences of opinion we are kind of like one big family.

DR1: Yep, and it's not like Families never fight..

TTT for Dead city.

ttt

Very nice post Quincy. Success to you and MFC.

Sean