BJJ; Mino vs Mir?

Who would win in BJJ, Mino or Mir, and why? Also what are their pure grappling or BJJ competition accomplishments?

Mir is a decent brown belt level grappler. His subs work very well in MMA when set up with strikes.
Mino is a very accomplished BJJ black belt who fought well at the world class level with the gi.
It would be a trouncing.

Dear Mr Goat, are you saying Mir doesnt deserve teh black belt he received a few months back? And which are the world class level events you are referring to?

Oops, didn't realize Mir had gotten his black. Props to him. Still, IMO Minotauro's world class.
I don't think Mir got tapped but I think he lost like 15-0 in the Grapplers Quest pro division last year (Grapplers Quest West).

I like Mir's aggresiveness when he grapples, but I think he would probably lose to Mino because Mino has better standup (IMO) and better grappling credentials...cool fight but.

MMA would be a much better fight than sport BJJ. Minotauro in sport BJJ was really good until he started focusing on MMA.

It would be interesting.

But it would be competitive because Ricco submitted Mino in Abu Dhabi, and I think Mir has better submissions than Ricco.

Ricco has never had a submission hold victory in the UFC, only TKO/ref stoppages(Orlovski, Petey, Kosaka, Randy).

Whereas Mir has submitted Traven, Petey, Tank, and Sylvia. I'd say his submissions are just as good if not better than Ricco.

Then look at how easily Ricco handled Mino when they fought in Pride, he got shafted IMHO.

Mino is no joke, but I don't think he could submit Mir IMHO.

comparing him to ricco isnt fair. ricco doesn't go for submissions. he goes for knockouts.

it would be an interesting grappling match. i think the edge would go to mino, but frank is very athletic and has some non-traditional skills. i'd pay to see it.

Anyone bringing up the Ricco match should mention that Ricco was about 800 pounds at the time. He was orca fat and the weight advantage had to have helped him a LOT.

Mino is an incredible bjj fighter from brazil, to be one of the best from brazil means a lot more than to be one of the best from north america at their weight. Taking nothing away from Mir's ability, i would easily call Mino to dominate, for the reason that he has been through more than mir on a purely bjj level.

With a gi: Nog without breaking a sweat.

Without a gi: Sweaty Nog.

TTT for What BJJ tournaments has Mino won at black belt? No major ones that I know of.

"Ricco has never had a submission hold victory in the UFC, only TKO/ref stoppages(Orlovski, Petey, Kosaka, Randy). "

I said the same thing last week and got flamed for it

lets look at the facts people.

Mino and Mir both didn't have great Bjj or no-gi records.

BUT both of their games are very good for MMA, chain/transition type submission guys do very well in MMA (because of the fast pace) but are often outpointed in Bjj/No-Gi tournies.

In a fight, Mino would win hands down. The ONLY reason Mir beat Sylvia is because he played a smart game and pulled guard. Had he wasted his time trying to bring Sylvia down, he would have gassed and got KO'ed.

Even if he did get pull guard OR AT BEST take Mino down he wouldn't be submitting him. On top of that Mino would light Mir up standing, AND Mir would gass. Mino would end up finishing Mir.

And btw, the only reason Ricco didn't get submitted by Mino in PRIDE he because he simply layed on Mino and dry humped him for 20 minutes. 1 good submission attemp is better than 20 minutes of dry humping. Mino won the decision so get over it.

"Anyone bringing up the Ricco match should mention that Ricco was about 800 pounds at the time. He was orca fat and the weight advantage had to have helped him a LOT."

Actually I saw that match today and Ricco looked in even better shape than he did when he fought in pride 10. But, at the time Mino had a knee injury and that was the knee Ricco went for the kneebar on. Mino wasnt training with BTT at the time either.

As for Mino vs. Mir, I think Mino has better people to train with in grappling than Mir does and also has proven himself to not gas like Mir.

No doubt Mino is a world class "BJJ for MMA player", but I think both him (and Mir aswell) world get clowned i Abu Dhabi or the Mundials.

However I wouldnt totally count out Mir in BJJ/sub grappling vs Mino.

Mino competed in the 1999 BJJ Mundials at the black belt level and won at least one match. It's on the video.

Mino easily guys

I think Mino also won the worlds as a brown belt, and did he win the Abu Dhabi qualifiers to get into Abu Dhabi or was he an invite that year

"Still waiting for Mino's "world class" bjj credentials"

Competing at the mundials as a balck belt makes Mino a "world class" BJJer...