BJJ near Brunswick, GA?

Random locale for sure but will be out there for a few months. Anyone know of any gyms in the vicinity?

I was out there last year.  Trained a couple time at Devine BJJ (I believe is what it's called.) Never got to train with him but trained with a guy who was a GB Blackbelt.  Regardless seemed like a good group of guys.  It's right in Brunswick.

you going to be at fletc?

I trained under Scott Devine for about a year and a half when I lived on Saint Simons. Can’t recommend him highly enough. Old school Relson black belt. Its been about 7 years since I’ve trained there, but when I was there he was awesome. Taught great classes and I still use a lot of the techniques he showed today. Is a really really nice guy too. Always laughing and having a good time. Has some great stories about the old days. I still keep in touch with a lot of my training partners from there so I know there is still a solid group. You probably won’t get a lot of new flashy sport techniques but you will get solid jiu jitsu and you’ll have a good time.

Sober - you going to be at fletc?

I trained under Scott Devine for about a year and a half when I lived on Saint Simons. Can’t recommend him highly enough. Old school Relson black belt. Its been about 7 years since I’ve trained there, but when I was there he was awesome. Taught great classes and I still use a lot of the techniques he showed today. Is a really really nice guy too. Always laughing and having a good time. Has some great stories about the old days. I still keep in touch with a lot of my training partners from there so I know there is still a solid group. You probably won’t get a lot of new flashy sport techniques but you will get solid jiu jitsu and you’ll have a good time.

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I’ll be down there for FLETC. Just looking for somewhere to get some friendly training in during my off time. Devine BJJ sounds great I’m going to look them up soon as I get down there

djsolar36 - 

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I’ll be down there for FLETC. Just looking for somewhere to get some friendly training in during my off time. Devine BJJ sounds great I’m going to look them up soon as I get down there

oh ok cool. when I was down there Scott was one of the instructors at FLETC. there were a few other instructors training at the gym as well. plenty of FLETC trainees rotated through the gym on a regular basis so they are very friendly. if you want some contacts for guys currently at the gym just PM and I can send you their info

Isn’t Garys academy out that way?

I used to live on St Simons and trained at Scott Devine’s too about 5 years ago. One of his guys was on our last Atlanta snow.

Sober -
djsolar36 - 

oh ok cool. when I was down there Scott was one of the instructors at FLETC. there were a few other instructors training at the gym as well. plenty of FLETC trainees rotated through the gym on a regular basis so they are very friendly. if you want some contacts for guys currently at the gym just PM and I can send you their info

Thanks. Tried PM’ing you but nothing seems to happen when I click the icon next to your name. Not sure if that’s another defunct feature of this website or user error. Either way, I shot an email over to the address on the website. If I don’t hear back by the time I’m down there I’ll follow up with you to try and get some more info. Thanks again!

djsolar36 - 
Sober -
djsolar36 - 

Thanks. Tried PM’ing you but nothing seems to happen when I click the icon next to your name. Not sure if that’s another defunct feature of this website or user error. Either way, I shot an email over to the address on the website. If I don’t hear back by the time I’m down there I’ll follow up with you to try and get some more info. Thanks again!

just pm’d you.

I’ve dropped in to train with Scott Devine’s group a couple of times over the years. Good group of folks, very welcoming. Made a friend or two I still keep in touch with years later.

Also rolled with Cole Miller down there right after I got my purple, and attended a Relson seminar. Great times (I don’t know if Relson allows “outsiders” at his seminars any more, but he was very friendly & welcoming).

Devine is awesome as well as Cole! Both great guys.

However… not to be THAT guy, but if you’re in the academy going through CITP, be smart and don’t roll. Even with great students, chill environment, accidents happen and you do not want to get rolled for a blown knee, etc. on off hours extracurricular exercise. You could inadvertently lose your job, etc. as a blown knee off hours would mean a ton more medical clearances, etc.

If you’re there for an add on or in service training, you can’t go wrong with either guy!