BJJ & Psychology Battered Women's Shelter Project

THE SHORT VERSION: To help battered women's shelters, please 1. Like the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Invincible-Woman-Project/1413184915560823?ref=hl

2. Follow us on Twitter: @IWproject1
We need to get 1000 follows and likes by 10/27 - Thanks!

THE LONGER VERSION

I'm a 01/01er and this is my first ever request for the UG's help. For the past 3 years I've been working with my mother, Dr. Faye Abood, a clinical psychologist, on The Invincible Woman Project.

WHAT IT IS

The Invincible Woman Project is a book project and a Kickstarter project to design the most scientifically validated women's empowerment course, and a global forum where women can receive free help from psychologists and attorneys. The course will be available for women everywhere but we also want to offer it free for every battered women's shelter in America.

Through friends and family, we've both been personally affected by relationship violence and the course spun off from a women's self defense course I first taught at Duke University in 1998 (I have since received my black belt from Relson Gracie, instructorship in JKD & Kali from Dan Inosanto, and black belt in Judo and also completion of the Kodokan's Summer Black Belt Throwing Techniques Course in Tokyo). My mother counseled women and girls who faced relationship violence her whole career. We realized the course needed to encompass more than just physical self defense and have also incorporated a whole range of psychological training drills. Based on the work we've done so far, Dr. Philip Zimbardo of Stanford (founder of the Stanford Prison Experiment) has called it "the most scientifically validated women's empowerment course".

HOW YOU CAN HELP

For the book project to become a reality (and also to help spread the word about the Kickstarter that will help battered women's shelters), it's really important that we have a large number of followers on social media, something that we haven't focused on as much as we should have, when we were putting all our energies into the research and design of the course. We'd like to reach at a minimum 1000 facebook likes and twitter followers by October 27th. If we can do this, we'll launch the Kickstarter. If not, we'll likely have to delay the project until early next year when we build up a larger following. So please take a second to do 2 quick things:

1. Like the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Invincible-Woman-Project/1413184915560823?ref=hl

2. Follow us on Twitter: @IWproject1

I'll post again if we reach our goal about the Kickstarter and ask for some suggestions about rewards I can offer you in exchange for support - THANKS VERY MUCH!

If there's any way a mod could bump this to the top for even a day, it could possibly make a huge difference - thanks in advance.

Sub. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

bump

Ttt! Phone Post 3.0

ttt for a fellow Team Relson Gracie member

thanks for the support everyone.

Can mods bump this to the top for a day?

Emailing Kneeblock now.

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

still, no luck on bumping it ttt?

ttt

thanks, there will be some videos coming soon with more info. As for now, anyone that has any questions about the program, I'd be happy to answer them - one thing that's cool about the program is that it takes a lot of training methods used in other fields and puts them all in the same place.

ttt

ttt