BJJ rules question

1. I am inside my opponent's guard and he is just holding me (stalling). What happens?

2. My opponent is in my guard and he is holding/stalling. What happens?

3. Can you pin someone all the time(side control and mount)?

4. My opponent does an armbar from guard. I stand up and rip my hand off. I am now standing he is on his back/butt. Is he suppose to stand up or can he just stay on the ground?

"I stand up and rip my hand off"

That sounds painful.

1&2 is to the disgression of tournament rules(varies from tourney to tourney). Also up to the ref to dcide to stand the figter's back up.
3. I only think you can pin some one for the win in Judo, not Jiu Jitsu. Not too sure what you're asking, please elaborate.

4. If you take your arm out of the armbar you could:

a) keep attacking and get to your opponents side for 3 points for passing the gaurd.

b) your opponent can stand and you guys start from your feet again

c) your opponent can have a good gaurd and keep attacking you as well.

That just what I can think of so far. Hope that helps bro. If I have left anything else out please list.

1. I am inside my opponent's guard and he is just holding me (stalling). What happens?

One or both of you might get told to get busy else face some penalty. The time varies competition to competition as do the penalties. Best bet is talk to the ref(s) before the match.

2. My opponent is in my guard and he is holding/stalling. What happens?

As above.

3. Can you pin someone all the time(side control and mount)?

Funnily enough prolonged pinning is considered stalling even if you're winning on points. BJJ focuses on submissions and if you're pinning someone, then you should be looking at submitting them. This causes all sorts of problems when potentially someone could be penalised for "stalling" whilst pinning their opponent who is doing little else than sitting there getting squashed i.e. not actively trying to escape. I hate that rule but at least it hasn't lost me a fight (yet).

4. My opponent does an armbar from guard. I stand up and rip my hand off. I am now standing he is on his back/butt. Is he suppose to stand up or can he just stay on the ground?

He can stay on the ground and you could be penalised for not attacking him if you avoid going to the ground.

I come from a Judo background as well (judging by your screen name) and you just cannot apply "Judo" strategy and competition logic to competitive BJJ = the two are worlds apart. For example, I've been threatened with disqualification for repeately picking-up and throwing my opponent (I think I was mainly using uchimata) for points rather than seeking the submission... my arguement that another half dozen throws like the last lot I dealt out will have him submitting in no time didn't go down too well at all ;-)

Bottom line: if you want to win BJJ competitions your best bet is to become adept in BJJ strategy, because Judo tactical skill isn't BJJ-competition friendly.