BJJBB vs. D1 wrestler

A lot of bias by wrestlers claiming its the best art for mma, while I agree D1 wrestlers are awsome mma fighters the main component of that is because they are D1 level athletes who have been weeded out over different levels of the sport.

Most BJJBB are weekend warriors that would not have been able to compete at a d1 level at any sport. Phone Post

cool starry bra

Willin - cool starry bra

. Phone Post

I think youre absolutely right.

D-1 wrestler is more properly matched up with a BJJ black belt that competes and does well in tournaments on a high level.

Same age same size, some comparative record in comp.

HELWIG -  I think youre absolutely right.

D-1 wrestler is more properly matched up with a BJJ black belt that competes and does well in tournaments on a high level.

Rani yayah had nothing for mendes Phone Post

I have grappled with city champs and state champs. I played with a gi but have rolled no-gi for about four years. It was easy to sub the wrestlers. I would imagine that a bjjbb would sub a d1 wrestler with no sub experience pretty easy. I think there are video's of rickson rolling with college wrestlers somewhere. I seen them on YouTube I think. Phone Post

Rickson via armbar

leftlegtrumpcard - I have grappled with city champs and state champs. I played with a gi but have rolled no-gi for about four years. It was easy to sub the wrestlers. I would imagine that a bjjbb would sub a d1 wrestler with no sub experience pretty easy. I think there are video's of rickson rolling with college wrestlers somewhere. I seen them on YouTube I think. Phone Post

Again.. Chad mendes.
You have to get the wrestler to the ground in a bjj tournie. They won't give you those 2 if they are d1. If you think so you haven't rolled with a d1 wrestler. Phone Post

if you're talking a D1 wrestler who has never trained a day of BJJ in his life vs. a BJJ guy who's never taken a wrestling class once in his life

the bjj guy wins 10/10

Willin - cool starry bra

. Phone Post

mtone88 - if you're talking a D1 wrestler who has never trained a day of BJJ in his life vs. a BJJ guy who's never taken a wrestling class once in his life

the bjj guy wins 10/10

this. i cant believe we still have discussions like this. if the wrestler has no submission grappling training, he will get submitted pretty easily. all the wrestlers you see having success in MMA also have a ton of BJJ training.

Porkchop -
ThePoopWizard - 
leftlegtrumpcard - I have grappled with city champs and state champs. I played with a gi but have rolled no-gi for about four years. It was easy to sub the wrestlers. I would imagine that a bjjbb would sub a d1 wrestler with no sub experience pretty easy. I think there are video's of rickson rolling with college wrestlers somewhere. I seen them on YouTube I think. Phone Post
Again.. Chad mendes.
You have to get the wrestler to the ground in a bjj tournie. They won't give you those 2 if they are d1. If you think so you haven't rolled with a d1 wrestler. Phone Post

chad mendes understands a little bit about avoiding submissions.

Go watch mendes first fights he said he had no bjj he just did camps with uriah Phone Post

ThePoopWizard -
HELWIG -  I think youre absolutely right.

Rani yayah had nothing for mendes Phone Post

And Ben Askren had nothing for Marcelo Garcia in the clip on youtube of them rolling... point? Phone Post

ThePoopWizard -
Porkchop -
ThePoopWizard - 
Again.. Chad mendes.

Go watch mendes first fights he said he had no bjj he just did camps with uriah Phone Post

So he wasn't learning any defense to any subs? Come on. I have been involved with fight camps. Even the ammy's go over sub defense. My point has been made already. Watch early ufc's. If u take a bjjbb down and only know how to wrestle...u will get subbed. This is strictly grappling not mma. U have got to know how to defend and block the hips in order to stop a submission game. Wrestling doesn't teach that. Phone Post

leftlegtrumpcard -
ThePoopWizard -
Porkchop -
ThePoopWizard - 
Again.. Chad mendes.

So he wasn't learning any defense to any subs? Come on. I have been involved with fight camps. Even the ammy's go over sub defense. My point has been made already. Watch early ufc's. If u take a bjjbb down and only know how to wrestle...u will get subbed. This is strictly grappling not mma. U have got to know how to defend and block the hips in order to stop a submission game. Wrestling doesn't teach that. Phone Post

Wrestling camps. But you guys are saying bjj bbs have zero wrestling. Fact is a high level wrestler with some bjj beats a high level bjj guy with some wrestling . Phone Post

apparently some folks here havent seen Marcelo tool BEn Askren with literal EASE

Marcelo vs Askren and going rather easy while stilling owing him without effort

ausgepicht -  

pretty much...

waiting for WRESTLNOW to show up any minute lol

supersaiyan - <div id="postVideo-36938834"></div><script type="text/javascript">var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/30Ujz5sCS3k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage", "postVideo-36938834-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-36938834"); </script>Marcelo vs Askren and going rather easy while stilling owing him without effort

I just yelled at my computer "Oh Snap!" at that video! Specifically at 1:26