BJJBlkBelt Shows How Edgar Could've Finished Bendo

Jump to the 8:03 mark, where BJJ Black Belt Casey Oxendine shows Frankie Edgar could've sealed up a victory against Ben Henderson at 150.

iPhone.

And if you have no love for my pretty mug, check out the nastiest finishes from around the globe this week!! Phone Post

UGCTT_Fillthy - Nice breakdown - is there an advantage to using the 3/4 Nelson to get the opponent over instead of locking up the final grip before you roll them over?

I think that with guys that have powerful necks and strong upper body control, Gable grip helps to get the over to side position. However, if i am fortunate enough to snag deep enough to secure from there, I willful definitely take it.. Phone Post

I agree that Bendo doesn't get sub'd easily... but I think the technique was right on point. With Henderson dazed, Edgar had a chance to pull something off.

That wouldn't work aginst Ben... Hes too good

TTT Phone Post

patlank - That wouldn't work aginst Ben... Hes too good

Agreed. Frankie has short arms. Benson's base is too good. Phone Post

Old Boxer -

I assume you are referring to the Darce choke scenario right? Phone Post

I think Casey might be challenging the Gracies for their spot .. Phone Post

You know!!!!! Edgar could have beat him if only..... he hadnt lost.

Everyone could have beat someone else if only....

Funny, I experienced this "if only" in my own life. The day after I beat a guy from a prominent school in a local show, my opponent and his instructor were on the news. His instructor proceeded to tell the public that his guy would have easily beat me "if only he used this one technique".

REALLY? That ONE technique to beat me is the one he just didnt know? Come on!!!

oxvaletudo -
Old Boxer -

I assume you are referring to the Darce choke scenario right? Phone Post

Yes Phone Post

parrishmma - You know!!!!! Edgar could have beat him if only..... he hadnt lost.

Funny, I experienced this "if only" in my own life. The day after I beat a guy from a prominent school in a local show, my opponent and his instructor were on the news. His instructor proceeded to tell the public that his guy would have easily beat me "if only he used this one technique".

You're missing the point of the exercise. It's about educating the masses on different options of the fight. If we didn't have any post fight analysis, a lot of people wouldn't have a job. Phone Post

theringmaster -
parrishmma - You know!!!!! Edgar could have beat him if only..... he hadnt lost.

You're missing the point of the exercise. It's about educating the masses on different options of the fight. If we didn't have any post fight analysis, a lot of people wouldn't have a job. Phone Post

Ditto Phone Post

hogwash!

parrishmma - hogwash!

Horse manure! Phone Post