BJM: "I'll come back to refereeing..."

Big John McCarthy: "I'll come back to refereeing because I love it."

Big John McCarthy: "I'll come back to refereeing because I love it."Big John McCarthy recently sat down with our radio partners over at Tagg Radio's "The Lights Out Show". Chris and The JDH tell us that this was one of their best interviews in recent memory so don't miss it! Below are some of the highlights"

BIG JOHN ON WHY HE QUIT REFFING FOR THE UFC:

"I quit reffing because I was disappointed in some of the things that were happening in the sport."

BIG JOHN ON MAKING A COMEBACK:

"I've been offered a lot of chances to comeback. I haven't taken them yet, but yeah, eventually I'll come back to refereeing because I love it."

ON CB DOLLAWAY - DID HE TAP OUT?:

"CB tapped. Herb (Dean) did the right thing in stopping that fight...Amir has caught twice, so he's got something to go work on."

'Big' John also talks about times when he blew a crucial call during a huge fight, and expresses his frustration in the fact that there are no ramifications for BAD refereeing. He also goes over the time when he got caught in the middle of a fight while refereeing and what happened. That and so much more in one of TLOS' best interviews in recent time.

In the newest volume of Tagg Radio's The Lights Out Show, Chris Fries and The JDH also discuss these MMA topics:

VOLUME 134 (Released first 6/26 on TaggRadio.com)

- Affliction 'Banned' gate update. Are people buying?

- UFC veteran calls it quits!

- Nick Diaz's "Dream" fight vs 'Mach' Sakurai in jeopardy

- Chuck Norris' boy breaking into MMA!

- Karo Parisyan goes back to the drawing board

- Joe Riggs and Shonie Carter play 'musical chairs' and Riggs wins

- Nick Diaz's Elite XC title fight rematch with KJ Noons in doubt

- Elite XC's Jake Shields' opponent and date confirmed for title fight

- Affliction 'Banned' card gets a 'bite' taken out of it. Who's out?!

- Interview with former UFC referee, 'Big' John McCarthy. He tells it like it is.

To hear this interview, tune into The Lights Out Show on the Tagg Radio Network at www.TaggRadio.com. New shows released every Tuesday and Thursday 8e/5p. This show, now archived, can be heard anytime at www.thelightsoutshow.com, www.iTunes.com, and www.myspace.com/thelightsoutshow. AND SOON HERE AT www.FIGHTLINE.com too!!

http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/627/ufc_328720.shtml

good news

ttt

I miss Big John...I hope he does come back to the UFC.

ttt for BJM!

I want to hear the show, but in EVERY single MMA radio show, there is about 90% garbage content of which the hosts think they're doing some hilarious comedy routine.

Its like dropout comedians who couldnt hack it on stage, trying to be funny on the radio/internet.

I just want to hear the interviews, not the 7th grade comedy schtick.

epwar - "I quit reffing because I was disappointed in some of the things that were happening in the sport."

Well, that certainly is cryptic. What is he talking about? Guesses?
He's talking about people who have no idea what they are doing being assigned as referees and judges for mma fights.  Mostly boxing people that don't understand grappling.  He's mentioned it in other interviews.

i wonder what fight he blew a call?

"I quit reffing because I was disappointed in some of the things that were happening in the sport."

He quit reffing because he was offered a job with the fight network. Which hasn't exactly been all that was promised, so now he is coming back. Good news imo.

great news.

BJM is making the right choice. He needs to be in this sport. He is far and above the most knowledgable and experienced ref out there. I hope he comes back to the UFC and beats up Dan M on his way out the door.

it would be good to have him back

This just made my day

Nickman9000 -  i wonder what fight he blew a call?

Two biggest mistakes were in the matches involving Sakuraba vs Conan and Bustamante vs Lindland

i hope BJM comes back soon