BJM: “The UFC didn’t like Mike Beltran’s mustache”

He can choose not to cut it off all he wants but he’s costing himself work all because he wants to look like an absolute moron

1 Like
samichlaus -
ChimpFL - 

I feel like something is missing from this thread?

A young, busty Latina with a giant torta?

![](upload://XeK7BXvyCaDWJUr6GDCyAusi2z.jpeg)

Chick in the background is terrified of that thing 

WaltJ - 
samichlaus -
ChimpFL - 

Chick in the background is terrified of that thing 

LOL

You gotta stop unzipping your pants when we grab lunch.

samichlaus -
ChimpFL - 

Orale...

1 Like

He is definitely looking for attention and enjoys the attention that mustache brings.

As a ref, he’s good. I’d say he’s more popular because he wants to me a movie star than a good referee.

But he very clearly seeks out the attention and his mustache helps with that. I’ve found over the years him seeking out that attention more and more disappointing because in years previous he would pretend to not want it. Now he just comes across as thirsty for that attention.

Peterson, Herzog, and even Goddard are definitely much better referees but much less popular. Probably has a lot to do with them not trying to be popular.

The UFC doesn't control the refs.

That's a good thing.

JoeHurley -

It sucks, but if Mario Yamasaki got blasted by Dana for making hand hearts during his introduction then this is to be expected.

He got blasted because he’s fucking useless.

Dana’s comments were in effect “he should pay more attention to refereeing than making stupid hand gestures”. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

1 Like

I'm sorry, but it is a safety issue. This moustache wouldn't be accepted in any industry. Working around machines? He would have to tie it back. Working in a kitchen? He would have to wear a beard net. In the aviation industry? No beards allowed as face masks don't seal in an emergency.  Fire fighter? Policeman? What if he was a Paramedic & had to give you mouth to mouth? What if a fighter swung a punch & got his beard wrapped around the glove? What about when a fighter comes around after a ko & grabs him because he doesn't know what is going on? I'm sorry but the red flags are there. Beards are ok but within reason. Big beard = B level fights only. Herb could say the same about his hair but he ties it back & looks professional. It's all about perception.  

1 Like

I find it distracting and would be tempted to pull it if I was a fighter. 

1 Like
Kirik - 

Some years back I weighed in this very issue :-)

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Movember-Top-10-mustaches-in-MMA

And for the record, Beltran is among the very best in the business; that's of course what matters, not the length of his mustache.

Referee's should never bring attention to themselves, and thats what he is doing with that mustache.  Big John is the biggest offender though, he started this mess with ref's thinking they are part of the show.

2 Likes

Because he's trying to bring attention to himself?

If anyone was guilty of doing that it was BJM.

2 Likes
Jack London -

Honestly I do find his gigantic mustache a bit distracting when he’s reffing a fight. I can actually see why Dana doesn’t like it and would want Beltran to get rid of it.

Dana would love it if he could make money off it.  If Beltran was a fighter and they could make him sign his rights away there would be Mike Beltran mustache merch for sale at the ufcstore tomorrow 

2 Likes

I understand this, it’s not ideal having that swinging about the cage. If it was someone with hair down to their arse I’m sure they’d have the same problem with it. You want a good job, make a respectable effort to look the part. Seems he’s not fussed about getting less work due to it, so that’s fine too. 

Same situation as idiots with tattoos on their face, no a respectable company won’t want you as a face of their company, that’s your problem no one else’s 

1 Like
Dreville79 -

I understand this, it’s not ideal having that swinging about the cage. If it was someone with hair down to their arse I’m sure they’d have the same problem with it. You want a good job, make a respectable effort to look the part. Seems he’s not fussed about getting less work due to it, so that’s fine too. 

Same situation as idiots with tattoos on their face, no a respectable company won’t want you as a face of their company, that’s your problem no one else’s 

I agree that the lack of work doesn’t seem to bother Beltran.  Which is a good sign. 

Agree on the face tats as well. 

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Jack London -

Honestly I do find his gigantic mustache a bit distracting when he’s reffing a fight. I can actually see why Dana doesn’t like it and would want Beltran to get rid of it.

Dana would love it if he could make money off it.  If Beltran was a fighter and they could make him sign his rights away there would be Mike Beltran mustache merch for sale at the ufcstore tomorrow 

LOL

knockoutfighter -
Dreville79 -

I agree that the lack of work doesn’t seem to bother Beltran.  Which is a good sign. 

Agree on the face tats as well. 

Yeah fuck it, live and live eh

Gets to me when people think their appearance shouldn’t mean they don’t get certain work though. A professional company will want a professional appearance 

1 Like

Some people were telling that it was Nevada athletic commission makes him tuck it in.

He has it tucked in California tonight. I think BJM was correct. UFC’s decision imo

3 Likes

The Stache is free in Arizona!

3 Likes

Thats fucked up
Great Stache
KOTC Legend

3 Likes

Any top sports league would take issue if the a ref had that ridiculous thing, it’s not simply “dana is a control freak”.

Same goes for Mario’s stupid hand gesture. That’s something Ariana Grande should be doing for her 13 year old fans, not a professional ref in combat sports. Imagine a NFL ref did that before he went on the mic to announce a call.

2 Likes