Black Americans get shot complying with police

Pedro Navaja -
BrowBeaten -
Nom De Guerre -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8

Was going to post this.

The Daniel Shaver video is the most disturbing police shooting ever. It's a fucking execution of a sobbing man who is confused and desperately trying to follow the contradicting orders being screamed at him while two cops keep telling him that they're going to kill him.

You cannot find a worse shooting. And he was a white guy. 

This video still gives me chills

fucking pig murderer

I can't watch it.

Watched it once. Never want to watch it again. 

Pedro Navaja -
BrowBeaten -
Nom De Guerre -

Was going to post this.

The Daniel Shaver video is the most disturbing police shooting ever. It's a fucking execution of a sobbing man who is confused and desperately trying to follow the contradicting orders being screamed at him while two cops keep telling him that they're going to kill him.

This video still gives me chills

fucking pig murderer

got away with it. a big pile of money. very early retirement. 

i am far from a cop hater, but i realize there are reforms that need to be made, regardless of anything pertaining to or not pertaining to race. 

The best part is the cop was found innocent, then ‘retired’ with full disability pension because of ‘PTSD’…then sneaked back into the force until public outcry compelled him to leave. Then he ended up double dipping by collecting his pension while working another job.

MPA -

I am just going to leave this here, and maybe some of us can understand why many Black people run from the police because they get shot complying or not complying. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMYVFmEmx8

About .00001 of the time. Resisting not following orders pulling weapons dramatically increase the odds of getting hurt/killed. It’s common sense. 

1 Like
55579 - 
MPA -

I am just going to leave this here, and maybe some of us can understand why many Black people run from the police because they get shot complying or not complying. 

It has nothing to do with race. There are incompetent people everywhere, some become cops. There are 1000 videos of white guys getting shot too. 

Why are you so desperate to make it about race? Ask yourself seriously why you need racism so badly. I can prove to you unequivocally that race plays no part in overall police shooting statistics. Your side argues against logic and facts, why?

Are you saying that racist cops don't exist?!

MPA -

Google what an anecdote is. 

BrowBeaten - 
Nom De Guerre -

Was going to post this.

Yeah this was REALLY REALLY REALLY BEYOND FUCKED UP.  Horrible.  Cop was just looking for any reason to kill that dude.

1 Like

By the way, that cop is still getting benefit money so there's that for justice anyway

ufc98newb - 

wow. if daniel shaver was black, that would be all trump's fault, and our country would be burned to the ground. 

That’s kinda the larger issue at hand.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that there’s an issue with police brutality and that there are definitely bad cops out there.

However, this idea that the entire justice system (and especially cops) are out all day, every day just looking for the random blback man to kill for no other reason than he’s black is what people can’t get on board with.

It’s like the Floyd case. Don’t think anyone really disagreed that the cop was a murdering asshole.

But the moment it went from that to “the copy mudered Floyd because he was black”, it got instant pushback.

Not EVERYTHING is about race, no matter how many people want it to be.

3 Likes
Wiggy -
ufc98newb - 

wow. if daniel shaver was black, that would be all trump's fault, and our country would be burned to the ground. 

That’s kinda the larger issue at hand.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that there’s an issue with police brutality and that there are definitely bad cops out there.

However, this idea that the entire justice system (and especially cops) are out all day, every day just looking for the random blback man to kill for no other reason than he’s black is what people can’t get on board with.

It’s like the Floyd case. Don’t think anyone really disagreed that the cop was a murdering asshole.

But the moment it went from that to “the copy mudered Floyd because he was black”, it got instant pushback.

Not EVERYTHING is about race, no matter how many people want it to be.

good post wiggy. unfortunately that kind of thinking is a non starter to all the whack jobs out there. logic and reasoning need not apply for their way of life. 

1 Like
Samoa - 
55579 - 
MPA -

It has nothing to do with race. There are incompetent people everywhere, some become cops. There are 1000 videos of white guys getting shot too. 

Why are you so desperate to make it about race? Ask yourself seriously why you need racism so badly. I can prove to you unequivocally that race plays no part in overall police shooting statistics. Your side argues against logic and facts, why?

I don't get the impression that 55579 is saying racist cops don't exist. 

The impression I get is that 55579 is saying there's nothing in the video that indicates the cop was racist, but rather the cop was incompetent. Do you feel the video clearly shows racism? If so, what specifically in the video is racist?

Samoa -
55579 - 
MPA -

If that is your interpretation of what I said then you need to turn off CNN and do some thinking. Read it again.

paw -
Samoa - 
55579 - 
MPA -

The impression I get is that 55579 is saying there's nothing in the video that indicates the cop was racist, but rather the cop was incompetent. Do you feel the video clearly shows racism? If so, what specifically in the video is racist?

Thank you. I specifically said that overall it has nothing to do with race, statistically. Obviously there are racist police, are all of them white guys? No, obviously not. And in fact if we choose to use logic and facts again, we could assume that there are racists of every color who become police. This is a very small percentage and is not a basis to assume the entire system is racist. The fact that people jump to such extremes like Samoa shows that the propaganda is working. There were millions of police contacts last year, how many were racists who shot a guy because of the color of his skin? Is there even 1 you can point to?

paw - 
Samoa - 
55579 - 
MPA -

I don't think the existence of the video shows racism.  I also know that we don't know whether it's racism or not.  I don't default to racism; but I've experienced it from cops and I know it exists.  So for the same reason I don't default to racism, I don't rule it out.

Thanks for the civil discussion.  It's tiring to try to find these here.

Philandro Castile

55579 -
paw -
Samoa - 
55579 - 
MPA -

Thank you. I specifically said that overall it has nothing to do with race, statistically. Obviously there are racist police, are all of them white guys? No, obviously not. And in fact if we choose to use logic and facts again, we could assume that there are racists of every color who become police. This is a very small percentage and is not a basis to assume the entire system is racist. The fact that people jump to such extremes like Samoa shows that the propaganda is working. There were millions of police contacts last year, how many were racists who shot a guy because of the color of his skin? Is there even 1 you can point to?

There were 15 cases of unarmed black men being shot by police in 2019. Of those cases, the grand majority of them featured blacks who were physically fighting the police and attempting to hurt or kill the officers, or who had used a weapon that doesn't count as being "armed" such as driving a vehicle toward a cop in an attempt to run them over. In one case, the black guy had knocked out one police officer, at which point he was shot by another. He was technically unarmed but clearly a threat. 

There were only something like 2 or 3 of the 15 where it was legitimately an absolutely unjust shooting. One of the incidents, the cop had a gun on the guy, and he reached into the guy's vehicle to remove the keys from his car. The gun accidentally discharged. The cop was brought up on charges. In another case, it was dark out, the cop saw an outline of a person he thought was a criminal, he fired his weapon. He never made a clear identification of the person, who turned out to be an innocent civilian. He was brought up on charges.

Nothing in any of these cases points to a racially motivated attack. Most of them were justified shootings that took place as a response to violent or threatening behavior. A couple of them were a direct result of incompetence and bad policework, which resulted in legal consequences. Not one resembled a Klan member hunting down random blacks to victimize. 

Not sure where this fits in the discussion but the times I experienced racism were never documented so the existence of it in those instances aren't part of statistics.  This kind of thing isn't unique to me; it happens to many people of color.

To be clear, I think we need MORE police, not less and I've said this in many threads.  I think we need MORE police contact situations with society, not less.........ESPECIALLY in the hood.

Name another forum that Admins do this..

![](upload://pLhLJXimp3RmOOPeXIzrNAe6TZ3.jpeg)

1 Like
MPA - 

No. Why is one incident of a bad police officer a reason to run from every officer? The VAST VAST VAST majority of police interactions go on without a hitch.

I’m not defending this cop. He was obviously pretty shitty at his job and almost cost someone their life. No argument here. However why is this a reason not to comply with cops? So because one cop did something bad they all have to be bad? Where have I seen that language before?

Why don’t you replace “COPS” with “Blacks” and you will see why your statement doesn’t make a damn bit of sense. Would it be fair for a white person to say “Well because one white guy across the country got killed by a black guy, we should treat all black people as if they’re going to kill white people”. There are far more incidents of black people killing white people then there are of cops killing black people. So explain to me why such a statement should be taken seriously when its not in every other instance?

I said this in another thread and it applies to the left as well as the right. You have to be better than the people your fighting against. If “generalization” is the problem your fighting, you can’t just start using generalizations to form your argument. You look like a retard and rightfully so. Just like you can’t be pro police and on the side of law and order, while breaking the law. .

If you want to protest this one cop, I’m right there beside you. It’s when you take the rational point your making and go ham on it because your emotional is where you lose people. If you just focused on this individual cop and did so in every instance, you would see change happen. It’s when you guys make absurd comments like you did in the OP that people can’t get behind. Like this one incident is supposed to demonstrate to me that all cops are racist or want to shoot a black person. It’s just a absurd statement.

1 Like

Wow. Another racist Leftist pushing a verifiably false narrative.

1 Like