Black Beast: "Punch drunk" Stipe has been hit too many times

“I think this might be it for Stipe. I believe that he’s punch drunk. He’s been hit too many times so I don’t think he’s going to go anywhere else in his career from this,” Lewis said.

1 Like

Stipe has always sounded punch drunk to me but I just assumed he was a natural mumbler. He’s definitely slurry and marble mouthed.

7 Likes

Sort of a shitty thing to say. Hope he can take it when people start saying that about him later

7 Likes

Stipe’s taken a ton of punishment over his career, particularly in his last few fights, but according to Rogan “STIPE MIOCIC IS THE BEST HE’S EVER BEEN!”.

3 Likes

He made a perfectly reasonable observation. Don’t be a girl.

4 Likes

His grade school teachers probably said he sounded punch drunk, and we’ve all thought it. Nothing to see here kids.

Yeah- he has sounded rough for a while, and it seems to be getting worse.
Some of these guys are too tough for their own good.

I wanna hear a conversation between him and Chocolate Al.

3 Likes

I hope he says that when Stipe knocks his ass out

2 Likes

Lewis sounded punch drunk before he got hit in the head

3 Likes

Stipe doesn’t need to fight anymore. He seemed almost disinterested in his last fight …

With Stipe’s defense, I don’t see that ever happening. He’s made a lot of money & was reigning champion. He should retire & enjoy it.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve heard Stipe complete a full sentence without sounding like he had marbles in his mouth

3 Likes

Well, we need audio footage of Stipe 5–10 years back. It’s either he’s always talked like that, or indeed he is punch drunk.

1 Like

He has always sounded mush mouthed to me but I dont doubt he may have taken too much damage to beat guys who hit that hard anymore. He has faced a lot of brutal competition.

He didnt look nearly as fluid in his last fight before he got KO’d. Surely he has enough to retire on now.

As much as I wish he would get the belt back… I dont want him to have a crappy retirement.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s the fight game, and Derek is likely correct as well.

Agree with Lewis. Stipe is done.

Stipe has the worst defense in the world he eats 200 shots every fight he’s in, the reason they call him hw goat (which anyone with a brain knows he isn’t) is his toughness and god given chin. Garble garble.

This is from after his ufc debut

1 Like

He has always sounded like that, I’ve known Stipe since his amateur days (I trained at Strongstyle for about 8ish years) that’s just the way his voice is

3 Likes