Black Belt Magazine

Black Belt Magazine did a little review on page 60 advertising my new DVD "Street Survival" It was free of charge and I have been getting a decent response. I'm in the April issue Tony Blauer on the cover. The dvd is great for beginners as well as intermediate and advanced martial artist. Or law enforcement looking to augment there job skills. It can also be looked at and puchased through Pay Pal from www.silverdragonpma.com So ttt for Black Belt magazine helping out on our 1st dvd. Keith Gordon

does it incorporate jiujitsu/thai boxing moves? What is your rank in jiujitsu out of curiousity?

FatBudda my friend in BJJ I'm a blue belt if thats what your really wondering but my stand up skills..welll I have been traing since 1983 consitently. But I can tell ya this your boy Helio Soneca with all the bjj he knows doesn't help him one little bit against another skilled fighter. Not knocking the guy actually nice bjj player he is and very well respected but people need to open there eyes bjj is good against one on one opponent. And I realy love the art but what happens when 2 people who are pretty much equal on the ground but one trains in Muay Tai and various striking arts? And one is fighter from the street and the other a fighter from the ring. Lets just say what an eye opener to all the people who think bjj is law. Back in the day it was one thing but us Americans always seem to adapt.

ummm OK, I was just trying to get your background to make a more informed decision about your DVD, not sure why you felt the need to insult Soneca who probably forgot more about thai boxing, wrestling and jiujitsu than you will ever know.

and its "muay thai" not "muay tai"

I'm not insulting him but when I seen him fight Pedro Brandao I was like damn this is the Soneca that everyone talks about being a great fighter. If this fight was recorded and posted on the internet damn what a shock it would of been. The big "If" Oh well thank god it wasn't.Oh thanks for the observation on the typo. You live in Tenn? I go down there ever 3to 4 months we should get together. I'm not a bad guy I think typing on the computer people get mistaken it's hard to tell if sombody is being sincere. There is alot of keyboard warriors. What ever I say on here I would say to sombodys face If I can't I just won't say it.

I've heard that Soneca tapped Pedro Brandao about 20 times in a row with the same move. If Pedro Brandao jumped Soneca in a street fight or something, I don't know about it. I guess we will never know since as you said it wasn't recorded and only have your dubious word on it, I don't know if I can trust a guy who posts on his website that he is "4rth in the world" in 2004 in jiujitsu when in reality that was 4rth place in the WHITE BELT DIVISION of a local Naga tournament. Regardless, Soneca is a great fighter, is undefeated in sanctioned No Holds Barred against "skilled fighters", won the 1996 Mundials (World Championships) in the blackbelt division, trained in thai boxing at Chute Boxe academy (where he taught Vanderlei Silva and Pele jiujitsu from white belt to purple belt), trained thai boxing in thailand and was invited to abudahbi which he accepted to teach Sheik Tahoon.

Anything I say here I will say to your face as well. I live in Atlanta, GA.

For 1 I did not make my web site a student did and I am a very humble guy you don't see many guys who are Black Belts in one style and puting on a white belt and starting over and caring less if it's on there web site.

I guess it would be impossible to ask the same student that made your website to change the part about you being 4rth in the world so you wouldn't mislead others?

"I seen him fight Pedro Brandao I was like damn this is the
Soneca that everyone talks about being a great fighter. If this
fight was recorded and posted on the internet damn what a
shock it would of been."

Bullshit! I'm not trying to knock Pedro Brandao because I
respect all of these guys but I've heard from multiple people
that Soneca consistently spanks him. You are the ONLY
person that's suggested otherwise.

C.J.

"I seen him fight Pedro Brandao I was like damn this is the
Soneca that everyone talks about being a great fighter. If this
fight was recorded and posted on the internet damn what a
shock it would of been."

Bullshit! I'm not trying to knock Pedro Brandao because I
respect all of these guys but I've heard from multiple people
that Soneca consistently spanks him. You are the ONLY
person that's suggested otherwise.

C.J.

I am not misleading anyone my student put that up I'm wearing a white belt your probably not the only smart one that can figure it out. Who cares.. :)

Calbert you heard from mulitiple soneca students? I think Soneca and Pedro are nasty bjj guys I think you guys are misunderstood I'm talking about the fight where it happend in the parking lot not a mat no ref just old fashion head up fighting. Then the cops came. Later Pedro told him they were going to fight again..oh and by the way you guys probably know about the gracie e-mail list right? hmmm Check in to before you say more.

Heh...

HEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!

Thanks!

[Gladiator voice]
Are you NOT entertained?!

Definitely entertaining, to say the least.