black belt? vs. blue belt? - guess who wins?

Didn't look like a bb, and it's not cause you're that good. All his postures looked off and all kinds of unsure gripping Phone Post

older white vs spazy white or maybe just a bad day for both.

what happened at the end looked like he was going to get that lapel choke then he spazed out of his own choke?

Pretty sure that guy is a Black Belt under Kofi Elam.

--WHERE was this tournament?

The combined Blue/Black Belt division reminds me of the "Northwest Submission Challenge", home to many infamously absurd & pathetic matches (Team Beast, Bolden, etc).

This was the tournament.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396903_352839221463709_1617328027_n.jpg

These were the weight-classes

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555525_352843754796589_119805519_n.jpg

(No, I'm not either of them lol)

He just wanted a belt that matched his gi. Is it so wrong to color coordinate?

the east coast is know for fraudulent belts.

rename this...blue belt dojo storms fake black belt....

markus - the east coast is know for fraudulent belts.

Easy big fella... Maybe if you head south. Jersey on up through new england has tons of high level legit BBs and some red/black which leaves little room for frauds.

Yeah... all those frauds like Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida. Who gave THOSE guys BBs? Amirite?

I'm surprised no one has really pointed out that the blue belt looks 20 years younger and 40 pounds heavier than the black belt. Maybe he was a wrestler too, who knows?

The black belt didn't look great by any means, but having a black belt doesn't necessarily make you a jedi.

Dude that BB is Chavo de la Peña , he was grappling against his nephew in the match Phone Post

I'm just kidding … Phone Post

Zenoplata -  

The black belt didn't look great by any means, but having a black belt doesn't necessarily make you a jedi.

No, but it does mean you have ingrained BASIC Jiu Jitsu, which this guy has not.

I don't think he is a fraud because he lost, I think he's a fraud because he doesn't seem to know much BJJ.

mrgoodarmbar - 

Easy big fella... Maybe if you head south. Jersey on up through new england has tons of high level legit BBs and some red/black which leaves little room for frauds.

everyone knows the east coast has great bjj,but the fact remains you guys have some fakes

based on the name on the blue belt's gi, "team link" this was in mass. , conn., n.h., or possible utah but my guess is north east.

it would be interesting to know who that black belt is

thats probably what I look like, stop hating.

Zenoplata - 

Yeah... all those frauds like Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida. Who gave THOSE guys BBs? Amirite?

no...i mean...dave vannest, dave lang, dave hartsook, lonnie phillips, and scott shields.

markus - 
Zenoplata - 

no...i mean...dave vannest, dave lang, dave hartsook, lonnie phillips, and scott shields.

Okay...If you're going out to upstate bumfuck NY and into to the Carolinas (to mmaguy's shagrin)...
Like I said..Jersey up through New England. And I probaby should've said from DC up. Then Atlanta on. You're talking banjo country.

This was in Hartford Ct. I've trained in new England for years. As far as I know all BB up here are legit. i train with this blue belt he is also legit. Phone Post

watched it for 60 sec and immediately knew the black belt dude is mos def not bb ... at least not in bjj