Black Men in MMA

do you think overtime, MMA will be a Black Male dominated sport like basketball and football?

Why or why not?

This thread needs more bread.

I never think overtime. I dont get paid to, so I why should I? 8 hours and Im done.

some will argue that African genetics offer faster twitched muscle fibers that will kick your ass quicker.

I think success in mma has nothing to do with race.
Right now whitey is doing well at middleweight because there is a greater pool of whitey training. Which race dominates depends on which race has the highest number of trained fighters in that weight class.

Makes sense that america has the best 170-185 lb fighters who are white. Most white dudes are of that weight. Makes sense that the top spots at 155-160 are Japanese, most asians are little guys.

Makes sense that not alot of blacks dominate because many are in boxing or in other sports.

do you mean as time passes, as in the future, or in the overtime rounds? There seem to be a lot more blacks playing pro sports, getting paid a lot more, dont see why id pursue mma if i were black

mma cost too much money...guys many times have to pay to practice at 2 or more gyms

but how do you explain the success of African Americans as sprinters, football, basketball, and BOXING.

Boxing, ya you heard right, boxing.

"some will argue that African genetics offer faster twitched muscle fibers that will kick your ass quicker."

Cause there are so many African fighters in MMA and for that matter; NBA and NFL.

being a good athlete will only get u so far in mma look at kevin randelman and bob sapp...the most important thing a fighter needs is technique

^ So are you suggesting black people are not SMART enough to have technique? ^

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Put MMA programs in urban communities = breeding ground for the worlds best fighters

Gregor = not smart due to inferior non African genetics

I'm beginning to Seemore Butts on this thread.

Japetto is corretto

I used to do Judo when i lived in the "suburbs" of Michigan.

Well, one time i went to do Judo in DETROIT. Yes sir, right off the Lodge Frwy and Rosa Parks Blvd, right in the heart of D-town.

Well let me tell you those brothers were extremely athletic and had uncanny tenacity.

Gregor, the more you type, the stupider everyone gets. Thanks.

when all you do is play basketball all day long, youll usually be good at it if you spend the better half of your youth doing it.
same with any sport! go check sam mcguffie on youtube and watch this kid play. white boy runs a 4.29, 36" vert., and #1 rusher in the state! texas for that matter and 5A.
nba-plenty of badass white boys in the NBA
nfl-same as above

the thing is, there will always be role reversals.when you have to try harder because someone else is better, you will become better, no matter what race they are.

"but how do you explain the success of African Americans as sprinters, football, basketball, and BOXING.
Boxing, ya you heard right, boxing."

In basketball, many people bring up the Texas Tech team of the 1960's, being all black, beating the all white Kentucky powerhouse of the time. In football, many people will bring up an all white Alabama team losing to a 1/2 black Michigan State team during the 1960's as well. Boxing is the same way.
The not so subtle message is that they were inferior to the superior black teams, mainly due to genetics.
The coaches of those teams and, others like them, didn't think "Hey, we've got to change our system to compete, we just have to get more of these black players!" Bear Bryant, Bobby Bowden and, other white coaches have expressed those sentiments publicaly.

Many Americans went from thinking of blacks as jungle savages, to noble savages in the last 40 years.
White players used to be the majority in the NFL up until the 1980's. They just didn't stop being effective players then. Most coaches will tell you that you can't win without those blacks. By their logic, if several black players are good, how about the whole team?

Of course, all the heavyweights in boxing are white and, NCAA/NBA teams have been beat by all white teams from Eastern Europe.

What's the difference? The Eastern Europeans have not been influenced by American racial ideas and, simply ask the question,"how can we win?"
They seem to have figured that out.
Race doesn't matter in sports.

"In basketball, many people bring up the Texas Tech team of the 1960's, being all black, beating the all white Kentucky powerhouse of the time."

That was actually Texas Western (now known as UTEP) who beat Adolph Rupp's all-white Kentucky team. Not Texas Tech.