Black panther - no interesting superpower

I just saw The Black Panther film. It was good but I didn't think the Black Panther had any interesting superpower. Nothing original, just the ol' super-athlete. Maybe claws like Wolverine and a suit that sucks in attacks and blasts them back later. Or maybe I missed something. What do you think?

He has black power. That’s all he needs.

All facetiousness aside. What special power does The Punisher have? Or Batman? They seem to get along fine without having a special power.

First post Nails it again

Benwahwah - 

All facetiousness aside. What special power does The Punisher have? Or Batman? They seem to get along fine without having a special power.

Not sure about The Punisher but Batman has lots of "toys" and was also original when those comics came out.

A hero's story is not always about powers. There are alot of hero's with no super powers.

Punisher
Iron Man
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Green Arrow
Captain America (he really does but they don't like to write him as such)
Kick-ass
List goes on.

What makes BP appealing to me is being a hero is all about the duty of being a hero. BP is BP, his life is about being the BP. He does not have a life outside of it. Other hero's like Batman-Spiderman-Iron man have lives outside of being a hero. They have loved ones and people they spend their time with. Not BP. He's BP 24/7 365.

He carries the weight if being a king heavy. Even though he was born for this life style it's still hard on him. The other hero's just happen to become hero's due to either freak accidents or a moral code. This is not the case for BP. He has known all his life he would be the BP.

Even with this he's no perfect. When he became the king of the dead and was able to talk to the BP's of the past he also got to talk to the ghost of his dad. He didn't always agree with his father and the choices the other ghosts of last BP's made or the advice they gave him. He questioned them often. The Everything Dies story arc shows this well and just how much he struggles with being BP and how much it has cost him in his life.

Other hero's get to take off the uniform and go home or just escape being a hero for a while to do something. BP does not have this luxury. It in a way is a curse.

BruteDion - A hero's story is not always about powers. There are alot of hero's with no out super powers.

Batman
Punisher
Iron Man
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Green Arrow
Kick-ass

List goes on.

What makes BP appealing to me is being a hero is all about the duty of being a hero. BP is BP, his life is about being the BP. He does not have a life outside of it. Other hero's like Batman-Spiderman-Iron man have lives outside of being a hero. They have loved ones and people they spend their time with. Not BP. He's BP 24/7 365.

He carries the weight if being a king heavy. Even though he was born for this life style it's still hard on him. The other hero's just happen to become hero's due to either freak accidents or a moral code. This is not the case off BP. He has known all his life he would be the BP.

Even with this he's no perfect. When he became the king of the dead and was able to talk to the BP's of the past he also go to talk to the ghost of his dad. He didn't always agree with his father and the choices the other ghosts of last BP's made or the advice they gave him. He questioned them often. The Everything Dies story arc shows this well and just how much he struggles with being BP and how much it has cost him in his life.

Other hero's get to take off the uniform and go home or just escape being a hero for a while to do something. BP does not have this luxury. It in a way is a curse.

Holy fuck.....you REALLY like this cartoon character, don't you?

Worst is Wonder Woman imo.

Al Cappucino - 
BruteDion - A hero's story is not always about powers. There are alot of hero's with no out super powers.

Batman
Punisher
Iron Man
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Green Arrow
Kick-ass

List goes on.

He carries the weight if being a king heavy. Even though he was born for this life style it's still hard on him. The other hero's just happen to become hero's due to either freak accidents or a moral code. This is not the case off BP. He has known all his life he would be the BP.

Even with this he's no perfect. When he became the king of the dead and was able to talk to the BP's of the past he also go to talk to the ghost of his dad. He didn't always agree with his father and the choices the other ghosts of last BP's made or the advice they gave him. He questioned them often. The Everything Dies story arc shows this well and just how much he struggles with being BP and how much it has cost him in his life.

Holy fuck.....you REALLY like this cartoon character, don't you?

Ah it's something to take up my time. He's not my favor but he's different so he's memorable to me.

I like Captain America the most. He's the closet thing to Jesus in comic form.

jonpall - 
Benwahwah - 

Not sure about The Punisher but Batman has lots of "toys" and was also original when those comics came out.

Isn't the Punisher's thing that he packs such an arsenal and his psychotic capacity for brutal death and violence is so high that a "superpower" isn't needed? Similarly with Batman and his training/intelligence/money/crime-fighting inventions?

Both ideas are kind of bullshit and they would get killed by someone with a "real" magical superpower if that existed, but it's fucking comics. You gotta look past that. Kind of why the movies and the TV shows don't translate well, imo. The premise is fun in drawn comic/cartoon form, ridiculous in something that's supposed to be accepted as a real life scenario.

Just watched The Punisher TV show. This dude gets shot countless times by bullets/arrows, stabbed, etc. but it's never a big deal, lol. You just gotta lay down with bandages for a day or two and you're good to go.

Lol @ Captain America doesn’t have super powers 

kkmmnn - 

Captain America is supposed to be as strong as a human being could possibly be, as fast as a human could be, could jump as high, ... etc. So all "human" attributes at their limits, but not past that because that would make him have actual super powers.

jonpall -
kkmmnn - 

Captain America is supposed to be as strong as a human being could possibly be, as fast as a human could be, could jump as high, ... etc. So all "human" attributes at their limits, but not past that because that would make him have actual super powers.

if you're going to watch these movies you need to dedicate some time to nerd.

DO YOU even nerd bro?

jonpall -
kkmmnn - 

I get that's how it's supposed to be in the comics, but no one is curling a helicopter the way Cap did, or outrunning cars, or surviving several story falls without so much as a sprained ankle. Cap obviously has superpowers in the MCU.

jonpall -
Benwahwah - 

Batman ripped off Zorro but yea original other than that

Poleeko -
Ghost of Retard -
jonpall -
kkmmnn - 

if you're going to watch these movies you need to dedicate some time to nerd.

DO YOU even nerd bro?

He’s right though. Cap is peak human possibility. Enchanced? Yes. Super or meta? No. 

Have you seen what he's done in the movies? Granted, even Black Widow looks superhuman, but Cap is obviously more than just a peak Man if you look at the things he does.

black widow has powers, similar to captain america. She's really strong and heals faster than normal

What even is a super power?

I don't know why I find it so obnoxious to use the word "film", especially when referring to a stupid comic book movie. 

occupy_DDF -

What even is a super power?

superpower

?su?p?pa??/

noun

noun: super-power

a very powerful and influential nation (used especially with reference to the US and the former Soviet Union when these were perceived as the two most powerful nations in the world).

"the threat to oil supplies brought the two superpowers closer together"

(in fiction) an exceptional or extraordinary power or ability.

"he uses his superpowers to combat evil"