Blackstone Griddle TME

I bought a Blackstone griddle the other day. One of the 4 burner ones. I have not used my grill in a year or so. I found myself just using my smoker all of the time and I only cook steak in my cast iron skillet because that is the best method for steak IMO. Wanted to pick one of these up and try it.

Any of you folks have one? What is your general opinions on them? Do they last and hold up for long if you take good care of them/cover them? What do you use it for?

I sense another cheesesteak challenge coming in spring and @ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff I’m looking to put a cheesesteak cal on you, homie.
fonqxJD_d

3 Likes

Had one. It sucked. Sold it

2 Likes

What didn’t you like about it?

It heated unevenly, was high maintenance and drained poorly.

Also it was a proppane hog and sometime tough to heat up because the vent design allowed a lot of wind into the burners.

It seems like most folks who have one really enjoy it.

1 Like

I have a 24x 36 griddle, not a Blackstone, and love it. Great for burgers, tacos, massive breakfasts, etc.

2 Likes

I have one and really like it. It does heat a little unevenly but I have learned how to compensate for that. It does require some maintenance moreso than a grill but I can cook a shit ton of hamburgers on it when we have big get togethers. My main complaint is the draining, the trough needs to have a little spout or something instead of just a hole bc the grease will run back on the underside. I put a couple of washers on the pegs under the opposite side of griddletop and it helped some

2 Likes

Are there better options for the same thing?

1 Like

Nice!

Once spring hits I’m in.

Make sure you season it several times, I went with 5 and used flax seed oil. I love my blackstone, I have that exact model and love it. Smash burgers on it are awesome as is fried rice. It’s super versatile unit.

Congrats faggot

2 Likes

Lol high maintenance? I’ve found the opposite. Scrape clean with water while hot and coat with oil, cover and ready for next use. It’s as much maintenance as a big cast iron pan.

2 Likes

Weekend breakfasts for the family should be easy. I probably will do a lot of smoking and then finishing it off on there mixed with vegetables. That is appealing to break down onions and peppers on it with meat.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for spring

1 Like

I’ve got that exact model. Had it for 5 or 6 years. It’s our summer grill for the most part since you can literally cook anything on it. As one poster said yes the wind can affect the flame but it’s not that hard to move. Worse case put some tin foil around the side that’s open. Other than ribs we’ve cooked about anything you can think of on it. Love it.

3 Likes

I bought a taco cart.

4 Likes

I just bought that exact one but haven’t put it together yet. My buddy has the next one up and I’ve cooked on it several times. It’s what sold me on it. I made some Philly cheese steaks on it and it was the best sub I’ve ever had. I’ve also done great burgers and hibachi on it. I primarily am a smoker and BBQ’er, but doing it on the griddle is another tool that produces great results.

2 Likes

I have one and really like it.

Primarily smash burgers on it and breakfast. Definitely need a cover in my opinion.

There was a pretty long thread here awhile back ago with good info in it. I’ll try to find it.

1 Like

That is awesome.