Blame falls on match maker

UFC has to look out side it barns. They shoud make some trades just like in major sports. Or then do co events.

yep

Yes, matchmaking is partially to blame.

Anderson clearly feels they have nobody who can challenge him, and this exacerbates his boredom.

The match making and UFC are 100% to blame for this fight.
Anderson already fought a world class BJJ fighter and we all see he doesnt like to engage which I don't blame him he goes out there to out point them for the easy win.
No one can say if they were 10wins 0 loses in the UFC about to break the record for longest champion they would go out there and put them self at risk losing when they could play it safe.
The first 3 rounds of that fight were 3 of the most entertaining and interesting rounds I have ever seen even tho I don't understand the last 2 rounds there could be many reasons it happened I personally think he gassed.
Rogan and Goldberg sounded like they were dieing just watching the event in the heat that is gonna take a toll.
When Vitor pulled out of that fight there was so many more options to give anderson for that fight but they picked the worst possible match up.(Styles make fights)

You guys realize Belfort dropped out, right?

Dana had the choice of finding a replacement, or dropping Silva from the card.  Can you really blame him.?

Anderson is (was) the #1 fighter in the world. He obviously could have killed Maia. But he's choosing not to, something is fucked with his head.

Look at the Chonan fight, or any of his previous fights.

He used to be so much more aggressive.

Meohfumado - Yes, matchmaking is partially to blame.

Anderson clearly feels they have nobody who can challenge him, and this exacerbates his boredom.

Its not boredom, its that he doesn't get the big KO chances against other counter attackers. He showboats trying to get them to forget their gameplan and attack wildly.

Against counter attackers all he's ever done is stick to the outside and win on points. That's not boredom, thats an inability to KO someone who doesn't open up.

Its a very normal phenomena in boxing - two counter punchers fighting each other tend to have pretty dull fights, because both need the other guy to attack to get the big chance.

Most of the hate Anderson is getting is the same as what GSP and Fedor (who are as good as him) are getting. Think of it as club membership - if you're one of the very, very best fighters (GSP, Anderson and Fedor) you're going to get a lot of hate.

"and this exacerbates his boredom"

If he's not prepared to be bored for his employers for the time a UFC bout takes for all the dollars he makes, he's in the wrong job.